Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soxcat said:
Isn't Calico in the last year of his contract? Unless he is shoulders above Williams or Roby I'm not sure we could get enough on the market for either of those guys to make it worth while.

I think Roby in particular would have some trade value. He's looked good.

Roby and Orr look like clones to me.

I'd like to see us balance the roster out a little bit. We've got an extra WR, TE and RB and all of these positions are in demand on the open market. We could use another OL and CB.

Heard an interesting discussion yesterday on Sirius... basically saying that some teams (not Calico specifically) draft great athletes and hope to make them into great football players.. it doesn't usually happen...more often than not they become average football players and that appears to be the case with Calico

Yep, it started way back with that guy...was it Bobby something? Anyway, he was an Olympic quality sprinter. Sometimes you can get some use out of them, but in the cap era, you can't afford to keep a guy on the team just so he can run fast on certain plays. You need football players.

Bulluckfan said:
Yep, it started way back with that guy...was it Bobby something? Anyway, he was an Olympic quality sprinter. Sometimes you can get some use out of them, but in the cap era, you can't afford to keep a guy on the team just so he can run fast on certain plays. You need football players.

I remember in the 80s when it was Renaldo "Skeets" Nehemiah- Olympic hurdler/sprinter.
a042682.JPG

I consider it more of a tie breaker, but I don't like when it vaults you a few rounds in the draft. I don't trust that. I'm more of a football player guy myself. I figure all that athletic talent would have translated to football plays at some point in your life before the nfl draft. And if it hasn't, then forget you. Nehemiah actually wasn't all that bad. He did average 18 yards per catch.

As i much as i want to see Calico do well. I mean, I'd love for him to be a break-out receiver, but i dont have any faith in that happening. Even if he is healthy he'll prob drop key passes right in his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back