Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we signed Vic Beasley tho

Exactly...we have our outside edge rushers....we need someone who can also work inside and give us a pass rushing presence their...Clowney is rare in the fact that he can play on the edge standing up, 5-tech, or 3-tech....that versatility is what Vrable loves in his scheme

Ahahahahahaha! 6 years or more? Ahahahahaha! IF we sign Clowney, he will sign for a market price deal that we can get out of easily. Even if he never plays a down, how would that affect the team 6 or more years from now? We drafted Mariota 5 years ago and made it to the AFC championship last season. Quit being over dramatic.
Guaranteed money.

Overpaid.

You get what those mean?

Maybe your "on the surface level" self wont regret it. The rest of us will and you'll be all "Wait why cant we sign player x?? Huuuuhhhh?"

Coaches often sign guys just cause they know them

Look at Kendrick Lewis. Vrabel brought him over from HOU and now where is he...

Obviously Clowney is of a higher pedigree than Lewis but a coach wanting an old freind isnt a sign of good things to come..

I don’t think Vrabel would sign Clowney just “because he knew him” on a personal level like “a friend”.

I put more importance in that Vrabel coached him during some pro-bowl year performances- so he “knew him” on a very professional level.

It would have definitely been nice to have drafted an edge rusher- especially over a QB project but how many edge guys with real potential make it to where our picks were?

I don’t think Vrabel would sign Clowney just “because he knew him” on a personal level like “a friend”.

I put more importance in that Vrabel coached him during some pro-bowl year performances- so he “knew him” on a very professional level.

It would have definitely been nice to have drafted an edge rusher- especially over a QB project but how many edge guys with real potential make it to where our picks were?
This draft was not good for edge players after the 1st rd

He's 27....
And hes only missed 8 games in the past 5 seasons. Only bad injury season was his rookie year.
This. I keep seeing people mention all the injury history and being injury prone. Some moron on twitter mentioned this so I listed out how many games he actually missed. He threw a hissy fit, started name calling, and blocked me lol.

This. I keep seeing people mention all the injury history and being injury prone. Some moron on twitter mentioned this so I listed out how many games he actually missed. He threw a hissy fit, started name calling, and blocked me lol.

Clowney has played in 78.1% of games

Mariota has played in 78.7% of games

And that is counting the games mariota was benched as an injury.

Guaranteed money.

Overpaid.

You get what those mean?

Maybe your "on the surface level" self wont regret it. The rest of us will and you'll be all "Wait why cant we sign player x?? Huuuuhhhh?"
What is “overpaid”? Do you really think JRob is going to hamstring the organization for years to come by signing one player? You are basing your anger on your own hypothetical. None of us know anything. Calm down.

Clowney must be asking for a bank load of money and somebodies firstborn.

Who's going to pay his ridiculous salary demands? Seattle essentially replaced Clowney in the draft. The Jets have limited cap space. Only Cleveland or Washington could meet his $20 million he was initially seeking, the rumor is Clowney came back to earth and realized he's not getting that and is seeking a respectable 1 year deal and trying to get paid next year.

What is “overpaid”? Do you really think JRob is going to hamstring the organization for years to come by signing one player? You are basing your anger on your own hypothetical. None of us know anything. Calm down.
Aint nobody mad here, baby. I'm cool as the breeze.

It's possible he agreed in principle , but now he thinks he has more leverage for terms and money since we didn't draft his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back