Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of deals have been done minutes after the legal time period without repercussions.
Haynesworth was announced before the ink was dry.
I think the deal has been agreed on pending a physical, or Clowney is holding out for last minute money.
If he's crawlfishing, I think we should look elsewhere.
But truthfully I would like to see him a Titan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize Marcus Golden is still unsigned. If somehow we don't end up with Clowney, he would be a good guy to bring in as well.

So... constant "Confirmed pending physical" tweets for like 3 weeks but still nothing.

Holding out hope we let him pass. But- this sucks that we didnt get anyone else, also.
Yep. The hope is we don’t sign a guy who demands double teams and sit on whatever amount of money he would have cost. Maybe, we can sign 10 WRs instead.

Yep. The hope is we don’t sign a guy who demands double teams and sit on whatever amount of money he would have cost. Maybe, we can sign 10 WRs instead.

The hope is, we don't sign an edge run defender (not what we need, exactly) that has been massively overrated his entire career, has had a lot of injuries, and is at the end of his career for GUARANTEED ridiculous money that he wont earn in the 2 years he actually plays.

We desperately needed edge. We went the wrong route about it.

We'll regret this signing for 6 years or more.

So yeah- I'd rather sign "10 receivers"... if thats the absurd alternative.

IF we sign him, Vrabel thinks he can get something valuable out of him. Who better to judge that than his first coach? There is definite rapport/loyalty there. If we don’t make a play, then Vrabel said “too much” for the value. I’m OK either way as we have Vrabel pulling the trigger.

IF we sign him, Vrabel thinks he can get something valuable out of him. Who better to judge that than his first coach? There is definite rapport/loyalty there. If we don’t make a play, then Vrabel said “too much” for the value. I’m OK either way as we have Vrabel pulling the trigger.

If we don't get him, we at least need snacks harrison....

If not either, we need to go to all the local bars in nashville looking for ends to tryout............. oh, wait a minute..

Coaches often sign guys just cause they know them

Look at Kendrick Lewis. Vrabel brought him over from HOU and now where is he...

Obviously Clowney is of a higher pedigree than Lewis but a coach wanting an old freind isnt a sign of good things to come..

The hope is, we don't sign an edge run defender (not what we need, exactly) that has been massively overrated his entire career, has had a lot of injuries, and is at the end of his career for GUARANTEED ridiculous money that he wont earn in the 2 years he actually plays.
He's 27....
And hes only missed 8 games in the past 5 seasons. Only bad injury season was his rookie year.

I agree @Deuce Wayne

Whether we get Clowney or not we should have drafted Edge, considering his injury history.

With medical check being one thing holding the signing up, it's good depth.

JROB might not say the word desperate - but it's just that at this point.... he better be all in on somebody - Clowney, Snacks..... or we're back to the same problem we were at...

We'll regret this signing for 6 years or more.
Ahahahahahaha! 6 years or more? Ahahahahaha! IF we sign Clowney, he will sign for a market price deal that we can get out of easily. Even if he never plays a down, how would that affect the team 6 or more years from now? We drafted Mariota 5 years ago and made it to the AFC championship last season. Quit being over dramatic.

JROB on the radio this morning said that we are interested in Clowney and that he has made moves to clear up cap space and could make other moves by re-working contracts...FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back