Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now, there is the icing on the cake for a good offseason. Let’s get a kicker and let’s go tap dance on everyone to the Super Bowl.

Everything does add up. I mean, we didn't take one Edge, Seattle took two, so it's simple math at this point. Clowney has nowhere else to go for insta-winner. We need that upgrade. If they don't come together it makes no sense. Clowney gained some leverage by our draft. And even if Seattle has totally given up, the maneuvers add some additional leverage for Clowney to play on. But internally, Clowney probably has no better option. It should be us. The only thing that could get in the way now is pride and ego on either side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unofficial breaking news popping up everywhere he’s landed with us... Fingers crossed! Will be interesting to see the t’s and c’s after all this.

Unofficial breaking news popping up everywhere he’s landed with us... Fingers crossed! Will be interesting to see the t’s and c’s after all this.
Yup im seeing it all over the twitter

Although no major reporters reporting it, just online randoms

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be really nice, assuming it doesn't break the bank. Hoping for under 18 million per. Anything over 20 million per over 4 years seems to be an overpay given his market.

Inside sources say Jadeveon Clowney has agreed terms with the #Titans just waiting on the physical the #seahawks made a late offer but apparently he moved on #titans to sign him Monday at 4pm Titan News on Twitter

So this guys is considered an "insider" by Titans News? He did say on Saturday the Saints were interested in Winston.

But he also tweeted this...

Don't get too excited just based on this.

Yea these moves have me worried. Hey, is that center any good? Grab him if we miss Clowney :brow:
Clowney is a TITAN. Clowney will not
Would be really nice, assuming it doesn't break the bank. Hoping for under 18 million per. Anything over 20 million per over 4 years seems to be an overpay given his market.
Regardless if its 18 or 20 million most of the contract will probably be guaranteed....in order for Clowney to agree with us, we would need to go all in. We based our off season in landing Clowney, so going all in is a must.

So... constant "Confirmed pending physical" tweets for like 3 weeks but still nothing.

Holding out hope we let him pass. But- this sucks that we didnt get anyone else, also.

PK just asked JRob if he was signing Clowney this afternoon. He said nothing was imminent.

giphy.gif

So... constant "Confirmed pending physical" tweets for like 3 weeks but still nothing.

Holding out hope we let him pass. But- this sucks that we didnt get anyone else, also.

Dont feel like looking if it was here or another site but I read that the Saints and Winston signing wont impact comp picks since the deal was already in place before this deadline.

That's probably why Jrob is being so coy with his answers. Doesnt want the same to happen with us.

Just play the game another day or two, sign him, and still get our comp pick.

JRob: Imminent = this afternoon. Cant sign him until what, the 29th, under the new CBA to avoid compensatory pick damage? Nothing imminent is truth...haha. No one is giving PK a scoop....no friggin way.

JRob: Imminent = this afternoon. Cant sign him until what, the 29th, under the new CBA to avoid compensatory pick damage? Nothing imminent is truth...haha. No one is giving PK a scoop....no friggin way.
I heard people lately saying we could hear today after 3pm CT, but I remember reading somewhere about April 28th, so I'm expecting something to come out mid week. Sooner would be ideal lol.

I don't think he's great. But we have to improve our pass rush, and this defense will do that better with him here, than not. Considering it's not my money, I'd rather the team be better. We didn't draft EDGE for a reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back