Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why people say no to Clowney.

We need talent and depth at the OLB position and as a defense overall big reason why KC kick our ass in the playoffs.
Texans' Clowney to have surgery, go on IR (this was micro fracture surgery, by the way)

Jadeveon Clowney Reportedly Will Have Surgery on Injured Knee

Seahawks' Jadeveon Clowney Expects to Undergo Surgery for Core Injury

We about to give a dude $20m a year who has 12 sacks combined the last two years and can't stay healthy?

That's a no from me, dawg.

One thing I haven’t seen posted is maybe he’s agree to a deal in principle pending a physical but with the travel restrictions that’s put on hold, so the team (not saying the Titans are the team) wants to keep it under wraps. Just a thought.

Garnered the 3rd most double teams in football this past year and was still top 5 in win rate.
Where did he rank in finish rate? I'm so tired of justifying almost sacks.

Dude is about to be on his third team in 12 months. He's incredibly valuable. So valuable no one wants to keep him around.

Dude is about to be on his third team in 12 months. He's incredibly valuable. So valuable no one wants to keep him around.

The point is, he was still causing consistent pressure and accounting taking extra lineman with him. There certainly are red flags about his game though, most notably his ability to stay healthy. But only a 2 year guarantee would be pretty damn good deal.

Texans just traded a top 3 WR for pennies on the dollar, so I wouldn't bother making sense of what they do. Seattle is currently trying to retain him, so that's poor argument as well.

Clowney isn’t a sack monster. He will never lead the league in sacks. However he is unquestionably one of the best EDGE defenders in the game.

Plus with him lining up over guards he will most certainly win more and get more sacks. Especially with the speed of Beasley and Landry off the outside.

The injury thing is legit but guess what other oft injured OLB we signed recently? Orakpo and that worked out pretty well.

Clowney isn’t a sack monster. He will never lead the league in sacks. However he is unquestionably one of the best EDGE defenders in the game.

Plus with him lining up over guards he will most certainly win more and get more sacks. Especially with the speed of Beasley and Landry off the outside.

The injury thing is legit but guess what other oft injured OLB we signed recently? Orakpo and that worked out pretty well.
Thank you Ruston Webster. Thanks for D. Walker, W. Woodyard and J. Casey too.

Would be pretty excited if this happens. Simmons and Clowney rushing up the middle should really help Landry and the new guy on the outside.

Our secondary and ILB are good, improved pass rush could make this defense elite.

I'm not necessarily saying I don't want him.

I think if we get him, we go get more DL help, and we rotate him, Landry, Beasley at base OLB.... and maybe play him and Simmons at DL on 2 man pass rush fronts.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I just can't see us using him as a straight replacement to Casey as some posters are implying.

I'm not necessarily saying I don't want him.

I think if we get him, we go get more DL help, and we rotate him, Landry, Beasley at base OLB.... and maybe play him and Simmons at DL on 2 man pass rush fronts.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I just can't see us using him as a straight replacement to Casey as some posters are implying.

i agree....Clowney is not a Casey replacement...he is another tool that can be used in a multiple front system...

can easily draft/ sign cheap someone to rotate with Simmons and Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back