Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clowney isn’t a sack monster. He will never lead the league in sacks. However he is unquestionably one of the best EDGE defenders in the game.

Plus with him lining up over guards he will most certainly win more and get more sacks. Especially with the speed of Beasley and Landry off the outside.

The injury thing is legit but guess what other oft injured OLB we signed recently? Orakpo and that worked out pretty well.
Mahomes gets put on his azz instead of running for 53 yards on us if Clowney is there.

I'm not necessarily saying I don't want him.

I think if we get him, we go get more DL help, and we rotate him, Landry, Beasley at base OLB.... and maybe play him and Simmons at DL on 2 man pass rush fronts.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I just can't see us using him as a straight replacement to Casey as some posters are implying.

How often does an NFL team use 3 DL in a 3-4 scheme anymore? We’ve got Simmons and Jones. You’d play Clowney and Landry on the outside. Rotate in Beasley in pass rush spots and move Clowney inside.

How often does an NFL team use 3 DL in a 3-4 scheme anymore? We’ve got Simmons and Jones. You’d play Clowney and Landry on the outside. Rotate in Beasley in pass rush spots and move Clowney inside.

More often than this board thinks. On 1st and 2nd down early in the game, or in close games, or 3rd and short.

I want Clowney. We need a couple DL, including one that we want on the field for 40 snaps.

I’d take Clowney. He fills seats, requires extra attention on the OL, and he is disruptive even if his sack totals aren’t up. I do worry about his health though....

More often than this board thinks. On 1st and 2nd down early in the game, or in close games, or 3rd and short.

I want Clowney. We need a couple DL, including one that we want on the field for 40 snaps.

Lol go back and look how often Jones, Simmons, and Casey were all on the field last year. Dime and nickel packages are super common in today’s NFL.

For context in 2018 teams played nickel or dime packages 75% of the time.

3-4 defenses played even less base defense than 4-3 defenses. (4-3 defenses made up about 55% of the 25% of snaps played. 3-4 was only 43%).

Dude probably followed every team ... lol desperate to be signed for what he wants at this point - longer this lasts he’s losing money from his bottom dollar in the end

Where did he rank in finish rate? I'm so tired of justifying almost sacks.

Dude is about to be on his third team in 12 months. He's incredibly valuable. So valuable no one wants to keep him around.
I've never been a big Clowney fan, but this is a stupid market. The Texans are retreads so Seattle got him for a song. Now they're trying to retain him. So the third team in 12 months thing is weak.

I really hope Seahawks keep him.

He's never been what he's hyped to be. And he's not been sh** lately.

Would hate if we spent big money on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back