Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for Chris Jones to be a Titan but I believe they are high on Isaiah Mack and want to give him a shot. Also after that Colts contract to Buckner you are probably looking at paying about $4 million a season more than what you're going to pay Clowney. Also Clowney does give them flexibility in the line as far as lining up as DE or OLB.

You hope to draft someone as good as Chris Jones at 29 and have the "problem" of paying him down the road.

Skip the middle man.
You didnt answer my question. Surely you wouldnt trade Clowney (on a cheaper contract) plus the 29th pick for Chris Jones.

You didnt answer my question. Surely you wouldnt trade Clowney (on a cheaper contract) plus the 29th pick for Chris Jones.
I wouldn't trade Clowney's talent and #29.

I would trade Clowney as he stands today, missing multiple games in all but one season and coming off a hernia surgery, plus #29 for a very talented, younger, healthier player.

But @Dman5TX is right. After the Colts gave SF #13 for Buckner it will likely take more than #29 for Jones.

I think we would probably do better going after Jalen Ramsey. We can sign Clowney and restructure a couple of contracts to make the numbers work. It looks like the Rams are realizing they overpaid everyone and gave up too much in picks in their 2 year run. Ramsey is going to command a big contract next year but only counts a little under $14 million on the cap. LA would want to recoup something they gave up so why not give up our 1st and 7th and maybe a 5th or 6th next year for him. That's probably the best they can get right now. They gave up 2 1st and a 4th but no one is giving that up, especially with a down year by his standards. LA surely sees they are not ready to compete without a dominant RB to make their play action offense work.

Otherwise we could maybe trade Henry and a mid round pick and see if they would do that but I'm not advocating to mess with our offense since we rely on playaction as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back