Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tweets I’ve seen lately say the Colts are out on Clowney and has the bigger offer. Take that’s for what it’s worth but the account claimed to have a Colts insider. We still make the most sense out of any of the remaining teams but Clowney is taking his time

Hey Dangerdude, read this as a “just our luck” kind of post. The Colts have backed in to more top QBs, that it would be just our luck that they would snag Burrows in some weird trade.

Without a 1st rounder this year I dont even know how they could pull that off. If the Bengals mess this up and dont take him them they deserve whatever is coming to them....

Without a 1st rounder this year I dont even know how they could pull that off. If the Bengals mess this up and dont take him them they deserve whatever is coming to them....
Thank God they don't have a 1st rounder. We have to hope Rivers is dust or they're going to be real good. That defense is looking nasty, great OL.

Some tweets I’ve seen lately say the Colts are out on Clowney and has the bigger offer. Take that’s for what it’s worth but the account claimed to have a Colts insider. We still make the most sense out of any of the remaining teams but Clowney is taking his time

Lol y’all gotta stop doing this man. These kinda sources pop up every single year. They are never right and still every single year people follow it blindly.

No one with legitimate sources has said anything relevant about Clowney to this point.

Yeah, that’s sort of the spirit of the post. It would be just our luck it found a way to happen. I clearly don’t expect that.

Their has been discussion about trading a 1st and then some to acquire Chris Jones or Ngakoue vs. picking up Clowney. It has been said that picking up Clowney doesn't cost us a draft pick which is not true. If we pick up Clowney then he will cancel out the 3rd/4th rnd comp pick that we are in line to get for Conklin leaving. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

If I'm JRob I spend my money to lock up our own young guys before the possible large increase in the cap next yr...

Their has been discussion about trading a 1st and then some to acquire Chris Jones or Ngakoue vs. picking up Clowney. It has been said that picking up Clowney doesn't cost us a draft pick which is not true. If we pick up Clowney then he will cancel out the 3rd/4th rnd comp pick that we are in line to get for Conklin leaving. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

If I'm JRob I spend my money to lock up our own young guys before the possible large increase in the cap next yr...

you wouldn’t give up a 3rd or 4th for Clowney?

That's a good point. The 3rd or 4th for Conk isn't guaranteed though. It's still the Browns and Jack has been inconsistent. I'd say that it is worth the risk for Clowney. What I'm unsure about, is the total cost and his injury history. I've never been that hyped about him.

I'm intrigued by Ngakoue but I feel like he's an undersized DE. He'd be more of an OLB with us and I don't think we pursue him after signing Beasley.
(not that I think Clowney is an ideal 3-4 DE either, but I can see that more with his size)

Chris Jones would be absolutely ideal but no chance that happens.

Who knows. These potential opportunities are all very interesting.

Clowney is not a DE here ppl

Just realize that

Hes a LB

He will play all over the place...against the Chiefs we only played with 2 down linemen 90% of the time...

no doubt though that he is not a Casey replacement....Chris Jones would be the one to fill that roll.

He will play all over the place...against the Chiefs we only played with 2 down linemen 90% of the time...

no doubt though that he is not a Casey replacement....Chris Jones would be the one to fill that roll.

This. He would move around but would have his hand on the ground at times. And Simmons would replace Casey in a lot of scenarios.

Am I the only one that thinks Clowney’s value drops significantly after the draft? I mean any team that really needs an edge/DE will fill the hole in the draft if they don’t have him signed yet. Then he’ll become more of a luxury than a necessity. He’s gotta sign somewhere soon if he wants to get anywhere close to his asking price.

Am I the only one that thinks Clowney’s value drops significantly after the draft? I mean any team that really needs an edge/DE will fill the hole in the draft if they don’t have him signed yet. Then he’ll become more of a luxury than a necessity. He’s gotta sign somewhere soon if he wants to get anywhere close to his asking price.
Nah

Look at Suh every summer the last few yrs

He got his money by waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back