Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1-2 year deal just isn't that appealing. Do good. Then leave. It's a no win. If we cant afford him now and we get better, we won't be able to afford him later. I don't like shortchanging someone either, that never ends well. I don't see a match. The Titans will need to hit in the draft. We are the best fit, but not the best match. And both sides know it.

The 1-2 year deal just isn't that appealing. Do good. Then leave. It's a no win. If we cant afford him now and we get better, we won't be able to afford him later. I don't like shortchanging someone either, that never ends well. I don't see a match. The Titans will need to hit in the draft. We are the best fit, but not the best match. And both sides know it.
After Henry is paid we will have about 50M to play with next Spring

10M for Jayon, 10M for Jackson (5th yr option), then there is Beasley, Corey Davis, and Pruitte to decide on. Beasley could cost another 10M but if we add Clowney then Id assume hed be gone so we have 20M easy to allocate towards Clowney.

Pruitte is worth 3. Davis is a tricky one, say 9M if he stays where hes at...? Still enough to afford Clowney for 2 yrs if we want

After Henry is paid we will have about 50M to play with next Spring

10M for Jayon, 10M for Jackson (5th yr option), then there is Beasley, Corey Davis, and Pruitte to decide on. Beasley could cost another 10M but if we add Clowney then Id assume hed be gone so we have 20M easy to allocate towards Clowney.

Pruitte is worth 3. Davis is a tricky one, say 9M if he stays where hes at...? Still enough to afford Clowney for 2 yrs if we want
Absolutely we have the space and fit for Clowney.

The 1-2 Year deal makes a ton of sense for our team. A lot of our best defensive players are still on their rookie deal: Landry, Adoree, Jayon, Evans, Simmons. That's why you sign Clowney to a 1-2 year deal, because when that expires you have the money to keep your home grown players. All four of those guys will get paid in free agency, but if you sign Clowney to 4 years you probably can't keep them

The 1-2 Year deal makes a ton of sense for our team. A lot of our best defensive players are still on their rookie deal: Landry, Adoree, Jayon, Evans, Simmons. That's why you sign Clowney to a 1-2 year deal, because when that expires you have the money to keep your home grown players. All four of those guys will get paid in free agency, but if you sign Clowney to 4 years you probably can't keep them
Exactly. 1 to 2 years is fine. Also, gives us an out if he isn't a good fit. I'd like 2 years personally.

Clowney just unfollowed Titans PFF analysts
uh oh.. someone better be tracking to see who he starts following.

Honestly, I was never on the Clowney train. I think he's a bit overrated and can disappear some games. Not worth the $. However, all this hype and the waiting game actually got me excited. If JRob and Vrabel want him, I'm all for it. Now I'll be really let down if it doesn't happen. Like Ndamukong Suh all over again (twice).

Stupid emotions and feelings.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back