Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it won't happen but if devonta Smith falls ur not taking him because he plays wr? That's goofy.
Lol

Now you're being goofy, thats a little different scenario then taking Toney like the OP was suggesting

My post was D over Toney

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Hump will play next year but if he suffers another concussion I think then he will hang it up.
Yeah, which doesnt really help us at all. It is not only likely but probable that if he plays he will get concussed again. He is like the old boxer who has been knocked out way too many times. So he gets his big money and sits in concussion protocal all season again. For his sake he needs to retire, for our sake, he needs to retire.

If someone like Kyle Pitts or Jaylen Waddle falls to us at #22, then I think we have to consider them. Guys like Pitts only come along once every 5 years or so, and regardless of if we resign Jonnu, we use TE's so much he would be nearly an every down player. Otherwise, go defense the first two rounds and then look to offense later.

Round 3-5 guys I like:
-Rondale Moore - Perdue
-Chris Olave - Ohio St.
-Anthony Schwartz - Auburn
-Jacob Copeland - Florida

I'm sure there will be plenty more that show up as candidates as the draft process continues, but having AJB definitely helps ease our search. We really just need a playmaker on the other side to take advantage of the 1v1 coverage they'll likely be seeing. Someone explosive would be a great addition to make teams pay for leaning safety's to the other side.

"...we better not use a 1 or 2 on a WR...D needs addressed before WR"

WR is a weird way to spell Toney.
Depends on what we do in FA, but right now, I pick D over WR as long as there is a candidate worthy of the pick. If crappy D available and a quality WR is there, then maybe. But all things being equal, we need the D waaaay more.

Depends on what we do in FA, but right now, I pick D over WR as long as there is a candidate worthy of the pick. If crappy D available and a quality WR is there, then maybe. But all things being equal, we need the D waaaay more.
That's what I was getting at. You can't just be dead set on D even if that is the priority which it should be

This guy is tiny. I doubt we are looking for another Raymond/Batson type. I think we look more for a big body/possession guy for 3rd downs. You know how much Vrabel likes his blocking WRs.

Plus, first round, no way. 3rd, sure.

Obviously it won't happen but if devonta Smith falls ur not taking him because he plays wr? That's goofy.
But he won't. That's the point. Some talent trumps need. This guy ain't that. If Smith falls to 22, trade back because someone is going to overpay. But barring an injury, that won't happen.

If someone like Kyle Pitts or Jaylen Waddle falls to us at #22, then I think we have to consider them. Guys like Pitts only come along once every 5 years or so, and regardless of if we resign Jonnu, we use TE's so much he would be nearly an every down player. Otherwise, go defense the first two rounds and then look to offense later.

Round 3-5 guys I like:
-Rondale Moore - Perdue
-Chris Olave - Ohio St.

I'm sure there will be plenty more that show up as candidates as the draft process continues, but having AJB definitely helps ease our search. We really just need a playmaker on the other side to take advantage of the 1v1 coverage they'll likely be seeing. Someone explosive would be a great addition to make teams pay for leaning safety's to the other side.
Hmmm I'm weary of taking TE in round 1. People on this board were all over OJ Howard a few years ago. That looks like a bust. Admittedly I haven't watched Pitts, but unless you have an athletic freak with glue hands like Vernon Davis, I might pass.

We've traditionally had a good track record of getting decent production from undrafted/FA/no-name TEs. See Firsker as an example. I'm curious to see if that can keep going if Art leaves.

But he won't. That's the point. Some talent trumps need. This guy ain't that. If Smith falls to 22, trade back because someone is going to overpay. But barring an injury, that won't happen.
I'm not saying Toney in particular. Just that you can't writeoff any position in the draft

For starters a rookie is probably not a smart idea unless we luck into a really good one. I'd jettison Humphries and look for a FA like JuJu we know can come in and produce. Say we sign JuJu: we don't need to be in a rush to draft a WR and can use the first three rounds on other priorities.

For starters a rookie is probably not a smart idea unless we luck into a really good one. I'd jettison Humphries and look for a FA like JuJu we know can come in and produce. Say we sign JuJu: we don't need to be in a rush to draft a WR and can use the first three rounds on other priorities.

Corey Davis will be cheaper and I’d rather have him tbh

JuJu had one great season and has been average since, but will get paid somewhere.

Also rumors are he wants to be in a big market, I’m guessing going to the Jets to team up with Sam

Round 3-5 guys I like:
-Rondale Moore - Perdue
-Chris Olave - Ohio St.

Rondale Moore and Olave won’t be there in the 3rd

JuJu had one great season and has been average since, but will get paid somewhere.

Also rumors are he wants to be in a big market, I’m guessing going to the Jets to team up with Sam

At first I thought Davis had finally stepped up but the facts are he is invisible far to often. Schuster had 97 catches last year and is obviously an upgrade. Yes he will cost more and might not be interested although we do have a much better situation of attracting FA WR now then a few years ago.

Of all the positions I'd prefer to spend FA money on it is WR. There are a boat load of middle of the road guys in the $10 mil range including Davis. Whoever we go after needs to be reliable both staying on the field and providing consistent production.

Yeah, JuJube said he wanted an market to “expand his brand”. Not the type of team guy I would want.

Hmmm I'm weary of taking TE in round 1. People on this board were all over OJ Howard a few years ago. That looks like a bust. Admittedly I haven't watched Pitts, but unless you have an athletic freak with glue hands like Vernon Davis, I might pass.

We've traditionally had a good track record of getting decent production from undrafted/FA/no-name TEs. See Firsker as an example. I'm curious to see if that can keep going if Art leaves.
Howard is a bust because Bruce Arians has no idea how to use a TE. Gronk had an OK year there this year, but that was pretty much entirely because he was with Brady.

My only concern with Pitts is that we would try to use him as a blocker too much. He really should be thought of as a receiver more than a TE. His receiving skills are out of this world good.

Howard is a bust because Bruce Arians has no idea how to use a TE. Gronk had an OK year there this year, but that was pretty much entirely because he was with Brady.

My only concern with Pitts is that we would try to use him as a blocker too much. He really should be thought of as a receiver more than a TE. His receiving skills are out of this world good.
That's an excuse. And under Dirk Koetter? He got the most out of Cameron Brate, that TE with 3 names, and I think he did O.K. with Anthony Gonzalez back in Atlanta. You also can't blame Winston who threw for 5k yards and who knows how many touchdowns. I wouldn't necessarily call the player a bust, but as a first round pick... yea... OJ is a bust because OJ is a bust.

Looking at other recent 1st round TEs I don't think they're worth it:

Ebron- No
Hockensen- ok, maybe
Fant- Meh
Engram- No
Njoku- No

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. Again, unless someone is an athletic freak with great college production, I think value wise you can get production from a TE in later rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back