Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that I mentioned his stats, but I'm not talking about replacing him stats, I'm talking about the caliber of player (which the stats help demonstrate).

-Corey Davis was one of the most efficient wide receivers in football last year.
-Corey Davis might be the best blocking wide receiver in football and we rely on big run plays.
-We drafted receiver after receiver for 25 years with almost no success.
-No one that we drafted last year did anything.

It is absurd to think that you can draft a couple of Tajae Sharpes and think we are better there.
Plus, chemistry with Tanney. I think people are undervaluing that aspect as well. Losing Davis will be a bigger deal than some folks think.

If we lose Davis in FA, I would like to bring in a vet like Marvin Jones or TY HIlton.

IMO, we should only take a WR after the 1st round. But if we're looking for a similar WR to Davis, I'd go with Terrace Marshall Jr, Sage Surrat, Tamorrion Terry.

I also really like Shi Smith. Reminds me a lot of Tyler Lockett/Chris Godwin. Would be a perfect slot receiver to take over for Hump, imo.

I get that I mentioned his stats, but I'm not talking about replacing him stats, I'm talking about the caliber of player (which the stats help demonstrate).

-Corey Davis was one of the most efficient wide receivers in football last year.
-Corey Davis might be the best blocking wide receiver in football and we rely on big run plays.
-We drafted receiver after receiver for 25 years with almost no success.
-No one that we drafted last year did anything.

It is absurd to think that you can draft a couple of Tajae Sharpes and think we are better there.
I get what your saying, I was more thinking of bringing in one or two second tier free agents and supplementing with the draft to increase the overall talent of the position so we’re not as reliant on just the two receivers.
Hypothetically bringing in a couple reliable WR2/3 like Curtis Samuel and Keenan Cole and then drafting a deep threat like Kadarious Toney or Marquez Stevenson on day 2.
That being said, Coreys downfield blocking is great but that’s not why you start WRs IMo. He would disappear for games at a time as an actual receiver.

Some later round WR I like in the draft.....

Jonathan Adams jr. Arkansas State
Austin Watkins jr. UAB
Simi Fehoko Stanford

All would take time to develope but could be key players in our offense.

I get what your saying, I was more thinking of bringing in one or two second tier free agents and supplementing with the draft to increase the overall talent of the position so we’re not as reliant on just the two receivers.
Hypothetically bringing in a couple reliable WR2/3 like Curtis Samuel and Keenan Cole and then drafting a deep threat like Kadarious Toney or Marquez Stevenson on day 2.
That being said, Coreys downfield blocking is great but that’s not why you start WRs IMo. He would disappear for games at a time as an actual receiver.

Aren't you the one that wanted us to sign and draft all the top pass rushers, too?

Not sure what round Tutu Atwell is projected to go in but he's got the speed that we need.

Id like to keep Davis

Another WR I like is Elijah Moore

I can't see Watt coming to the Titans tbh...I think out of respect for the Texans and Houston he won't. He will have many suitors he won't sign within the division.

I'd pass on Hilton too

I can't see Watt coming to the Titans tbh...I think out of respect for the Texans and Houston he won't. He will have many suitors he won't sign within the division.

I'd pass on Hilton too
If he thought so much of Houston he wouldnt have asked for his release

We have a need for him so Im leaving the door open

I’d like to see a front five of something like:
Harold Landry
Shelby Harris
Christian Barmore
Jeffrey Simmons
JJ Watt

Is something like that realistic? Why not! Haha.

Broncos are probably going to try to keep Harris. So that might not be realistic.

Lots of people want Watt. So that might not be realistic.

You listed 4 IDL guys, so I think that is definitely not realistic.

The draft and free agent class are stocked with WR talent. No reason to take one early or overspend. I do like the idea of double tapping though. Get a solid affordable free agent (marvin and hilton have been mentioned) and draft a WR in the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back