Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if after last years huge WR draft class and this years really deep WR class will start to devalue the position a little. I could see this giant WR free agent class not getting nearly the type of money we’d normally expect.

I wonder if after last years huge WR draft class and this years really deep WR class will start to devalue the position a little. I could see this giant WR free agent class not getting nearly the type of money we’d normally expect.
I can see that as well

AJ Green, Fitz, older not getting big contracts

Allen Robinson probably the biggest FA available

Hilton, coming off injury

M Jones, good #2

Davis, no 1K yd seasons, good #2

Golladay, coming off an injury

This is a great year to need a WR. There are a surplus of good free agents and rookies. The free agents should be cheap due to cap decrease.

If we cant bring back CD, I think Marvin Jones could be a good 1-2 year bridge guy.
Either way, we should draft one in the middle rounds.

Rashod Bateman and Rondale Moore are my guys in the draft. Both projected late 2nd or early 3rd.

Theres quite a few good slot rookies as well if we dont have someone on the roster already to step into Humps role.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Bateman is that he looks like a 1st rounder and he got 0 sacks in college.
I dont really expect more than 0 sacks out of my WRs.

I'm not saying take him in the first. Projections I looked at had him late 2nd or early 3rd. There will be solid receivers in this draft in the 3rd round. We obviously need to go defense in the 1st.

I dont really expect more than 0 sacks out of my WRs.

I'm not saying take him in the first. Projections I looked at had him late 2nd or early 3rd. There will be solid receivers in this draft in the 3rd round. We obviously need to go defense in the 1st.

I think every mock that I've seen had him going between 17 and 32nd, with most having him going right in front of us.

If he is there in the 2nd, I'd be all over him.

Why not John Brown, Marvin Jones, and a rookie slot WR? Thatd be a solid and affordable group to go with AJB.

So I've seen a couple of links that project Jones signing at around 3 years, $27mil. Brown left a contract that was those exact terms.

I know that they could sign for less, but probably not a lot less. Plus, both of those guys are over 30 years old and probably looking for multi-year deals. And Brown already said that he wants to play for a team that throws a lot.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Toney on this team. Elite athlete, but not necessarily a good WR. When I think of Toney, I think of Deebo Samuel, Cordarelle Patterson, or maybe Mecole Hardman. Swiss army knife type of weapon on offense, but not a great pure WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back