Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Wanted to open up a Davis thread from the past, but they were all closed.

Really want to like Corey. Why in the world can't he shine? I understand our QB situation hasn't been up to par these days, but you expect more out of your #5 pick.

What Evans did against us is what you'd expect to see from Corey every now and then.

He's getting 1 vs 1 coverage and still can't dominate like you would think. There were a few catches he should've caught today, not because he's an NFL WR, but because we invested so much in him.

I'm clearly starting to wonder if he's our #1 as opposed to AJ Brown.

Wanted to open up a Davis thread from the past, but they were all closed.

Really want to like Corey. Why in the world can't he shine? I understand our QB situation hasn't been up to par these days, but you expect more out of your #5 pick.

What Evans did against us is what you'd expect to see from Corey every now and then.

He's getting 1 vs 1 coverage and still can't dominate like you would think. There were a few catches he should've caught today, not because he's an NFL WR, but because we invested so much in him.

I'm clearly starting to wonder if he's our #1 as opposed to AJ Brown.
Brown had what, 1 catch today? We're not going to have a #1 WR in this offense . We're not going to have consistent production from any of the receivers with Smith designing and calling the plays.

Brown had what, 1 catch today? We're not going to have a #1 WR in this offense . We're not going to have consistent production from any of the receivers with Smith designing and calling the plays.
Now you're shifting the blame to Smith? Before the entire blame was the other QB and you said Smith was good. Just face it, AJ > Corey. AJ is the #1

Now you're shifting the blame to Smith? Before the entire blame was the other QB and you said Smith was good. Just face it, AJ > Corey. AJ is the #1
It's such a stupid argument. Instead of enjoying watching a bunch of guys thrive in a passing offense that we are equipped to run, we have people squabbling about which of 2 guys on pace for less than 700 yards is the #1. We don't have a passing offense. We don't have an OC who can conduct one.

Regardless of who's drawing up the plays, you want more production out of your #5th overall pick.

Yes I admit that we have an anemic offense but Davis just isn't playing like the dynamic WR we expected. I mean look at Evans. Has he been blessed with a great QB and OC? Same goes for AJ Green. The list goes on and on.

At pick #5, it's his job to make an OC and QB look better than they actually are.

Well, he surely doesn't take over a game like a #1. Example like today, Evans dominated and I don't think Corey is even as good as Tampa #2 Godwin.
Do you not watch the games? There is absolutely nothing comparable between TB's pass-heavy attack and our run-run-pass game.

Do you not watch the games? There is absolutely nothing comparable between TB's pass-heavy attack and our run-run-pass game.
I watch every game. Like I said, your tune has changed about Art. When the other QB was playing, you blamed him for WRs lack of production and said art was calling good plays. Now I am happy Tammy is slinging it but how come now you say Art is the problem?

I watch every game. Like I said, your tune has changed about Art. When the other QB was playing, you blamed him for WRs lack of production and said art was calling good plays. Now I am happy Tammy is slinging it but how come now you say Art is the problem?
He just doesn't want to address the elephant in the room...we are running a system that doesn't work because it is predicated on running effectively, which we can't do.

It's such a stupid argument. Instead of enjoying watching a bunch of guys thrive in a passing offense that we are equipped to run, we have people squabbling about which of 2 guys on pace for less than 700 yards is the #1. We don't have a passing offense. We don't have an OC who can conduct one.
We have all the personnel for a west coast style offense....

CD84 was only open a couple of times. I was at game and watched him closely. He also was not aggressive enough on the couple 50:50 balls RT17 sent him.

AB11 clearly the better WR. Catches with his hands with physicality. Doesn’t lose focus/concentration.

CD84 was only open a couple of times. I was at game and watched him closely. He also was not aggressive enough on the couple 50:50 balls RT17 sent him.

AB11 clearly the better WR. Catches with his hands with physicality. Doesn’t lose focus/concentration.
Cd has to learn to come back to the ball.

I don't think people here understand what 50/50 balls are. Winston threw a couple, perfectly placed where Evans could shield his defender and come down with it. Tannehill threw several last week to Davis and Brown, all caught. An Under thrown ball which hits a CB in the hands isn't 50/50 and is just another excuse to complain.

As far as getting open, it's strange that Davis and Humphries could be well over 3 yards of separation per target while heavily involved a year ago, yet none of our receivers can seem to budge at all now. And Davis did it while being bracketed by the secondary. The play design and play calling is a huge issue. It's exactly as it was with Robiskie, these plays are predictable and have no chance and the players know it.

Mike Evan's was covered by LeShaun Sims for most of the game yesterday. Also,the guys were playing well off the line of scrimmage. Not saying Mike isn't a Beast, but even Julio Jones has disappeared a game or 2 this season. Davis and Brown are A LOT better than what we've had in the past.

I don't think people here understand what 50/50 balls are. Winston threw a couple, perfectly placed where Evans could shield his defender and come down with it. Tannehill threw several last week to Davis and Brown, all caught. An Under thrown ball which hits a CB in the hands isn't 50/50 and is just another excuse to complain.

As far as getting open, it's strange that Davis and Humphries could be well over 3 yards of separation per target while heavily involved a year ago, yet none of our receivers can seem to budge at all now. And Davis did it while being bracketed by the secondary. The play design and play calling is a huge issue. It's exactly as it was with Robiskie, these plays are predictable and have no chance and the players know it.

Straight Facts. I went to the Colts game and on the miserable 4th and 2 play Smith drew up a play that had Humphries and A.J. Brown run the same exact route in the same space. You're never gonna have a guy open like that. He really makes it hard getting the ball to Brown and Davis most games.

Last edited by a moderator:
CD had a great game just last week. I thought he was ready to break out.

I like that Tanny threw him a ball yesterday where he was covered and gave him a great shot to make a play. He has to win that or he won't be getting those opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back