Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say it, but im with abc on this one...

I mean, look at Humphrey...dudes had like 20 receptions in 8 games, most of them 0-5 yard checkdowns. Coming off an 800 yard season as a slot receiver last year!

I dont think its a coincidence that Jonnu Smith and Kirkser had like 70% of our air yards yesterday.

This is not a WR friendly system.

Gotta say it, but im with abc on this one...

I mean, look at Humphrey...dudes had like 20 receptions in 8 games, most of them 0-5 yard checkdowns. Coming off an 800 yard season as a slot receiver last year!

I dont think its a coincidence that Jonnu Smith and Kirkser had like 70% of our air yards yesterday.

This is not a WR friendly system.
Exactly. No matter what you think of Davis, he's averaging 2 and a half catches per game. No way that should happen. Same with AJ Brown. Combined with Humphries, our 3 WRs are averaging 9 catches per game. The finger shouldn't be pointed at any of those guys. There is something seriously wrong with the passing offense, and now we can't solely blame the QB.

Davis actually played limited snaps last game and believe it or not he might get traded. But in reality we have 4 real good WRs so we don't have one guy that is going to get 10 catches. Secondly the game plan, for better or worse was to get the TEs involved. And thirdly, while it would be great that Davis was more like Evans he isn't. Evans is one of the best WRs in the game. Add in that Sharpe has been pulling his weight there simply aren't enough balls to go around.

Next game I predict Humphries will have a thread about how unproductive he has been when Brown gets more catches than one.

Davis actually played limited snaps last game and believe it or not he might get traded. But in reality we have 4 real good WRs so we don't have one guy that is going to get 10 catches. Secondly the game plan, for better or worse was to get the TEs involved. And thirdly, while it would be great that Davis was more like Evans he isn't. Evans is one of the best WRs in the game. Add in that Sharpe has been pulling his weight there simply aren't enough balls to go around.

Next game I predict Humphries will have a thread about how unproductive he has been when Brown gets more catches than one.

Humphries wishing he would have picked the patriots right now

We literally have a WR who played with Winston a year ago and played so well that NE offered more money than us, and you'd think he was Nick Williams if you judged him solely by his time here. I'm sure several of our receivers would be completely different players on a team who'd heard of something called a forward pass and knew how to execute it.

We literally have a WR who played with Winston a year ago and played so well that NE offered more money than us, and you'd think he was Nick Williams if you judged him solely by his time here. I'm sure several of our receivers would be completely different players on a team who'd heard of something called a forward pass and knew how to execute it.
So what you are saying is we should have hired matt lafleur and kept continuity?

Soooooo why was Mariota benched again?
because he literally was one of the worst starting qbs in the league. In fact, there were about 5 qbs who came off the bench who were better than Mariota. Mariota is also like the 6th best qb in a 4 team league.

The real question should be, how could you be so blinded?

For a 5th overall, underperforming compared to lots of WRs taken after him past couple years. I mean even Chark on Jags asserted himself as a damn true #1. He came out of nowhere and it was unexpected. AJ is like that too, just asserting himself and every catch he makes seems like his YAC can break it for something huge.

because he literally was one of the worst starting qbs in the league. In fact, there were about 5 qbs who came off the bench who were better than Mariota. Mariota is also like the 6th best qb in a 4 team league.

The real question should be, how could you be so blinded?
So arthur smith and matt lafleur are equal now?

This tight, bunch formation TE heavy-set crap we run is just not conducive to modern football, especially when our O-line is such a liability. It’s Mularkey ball again ironically. Kills any WR productivity.

Look at teams like KC / NE and how many weapons are spread out to open the field. Henry is so much better in space, everyone knows this.

How Smith doesn’t come out in a 3WR (CD, AJ, Hump) 1TE (Smith) with Henry in the backfield / shotgun more is just maddening.

We don’t scheme anything, all this BS ‘if we execute better the play works’ crap. So predictable, so unwatchable, so unproductive. I’m over the coaching staff (except Pees)

Mariota sucked no matter who the OC was the last couple of years. If he was our QB we lose the last two games.

I agree that the play calling has not been good. Even with Tannehill they are still being a little too cautious. They also need to work Henry on the edges more when the defensive strength is in the middle.

Offensive scheme is trash but quarterback play has been infinitely better. Mariota sucks. If you can't see how much better Tannehill is after two games then quit watching football
Tammy wasn't great last game. Let's be honest about that. Yes, 3 TDs but 2 were basically gifted and refs did him some favors on those 2 back to back potential ints but I'll take it and the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back