Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games did your boy have only 1 td, in fact how many did he have 0 tds?

No one would ever allow a trash qb like Mariota to throw 50 times in one game.
Please don't tell me that he's trashing Rodgers. With Mariota's old OC who "sucked", he's in MVP form while having Allen Lazard as his #1 WR.

This thread smells like hypocrisy. The offense has been the same concept since 2016, and now that Tannehill is QB, all eyes are finally on how the scheme sucks lol.

Lafleur was good here. People got schemed open all the time. That never happened in the Whisenhunt/Mularkey era. Unfortunately, we struggled to execute. We had a lot of big time deep ball drops. Henry ran like an idiot early in the year, etc, etc, etc.

Smith doesn't have Lafleur's vision, but I think Smith does some things I like. Screens kinda work sometimes. He runs slants that work. We use rubs. With Tammy, a 1st and 20 isn't a guaranteed drive killer. A couple times the last 2 weeks, we'll get 8 and then another 8 and be in a reasonable 3rd down.

I don't rewatch the games or study film or anything. I just watch the game and then move on with my life, but I'm not convinced our guys always run the right routes. And I think we lose too many key matchups to be consistent.

Lafleur was good here. People got schemed open all the time. That never happened in the Whisenhunt/Mularkey era. Unfortunately, we struggled to execute. We had a lot of big time deep ball drops. Henry ran like an idiot early in the year, etc, etc, etc.

Smith doesn't have Lafleur's vision, but I think Smith does some things I like. Screens kinda work sometimes. He runs slants that work. We use rubs. With Tammy, a 1st and 20 isn't a guaranteed drive killer. A couple times the last 2 weeks, we'll get 8 and then another 8 and be in a reasonable 3rd down.

I don't rewatch the games or study film or anything. I just watch the game and then move on with my life, but I'm not convinced our guys always run the right routes. And I think we lose too many key matchups to be consistent.
You see good things at times. The screens to Henry and Smith seem to work for the most part. And you're right, there are even rub routes. Some of the PA passes have allowed WRs to get wide open.

But he's basically Mariota, where he shows flashes of competency but then always goes back into his shell and does things which don't work because he doesn't want to screw up.

Far too many negative runs. He can't get anyone involved. He has the WRs running the same damn routes most of the time. Like Robiskie and unlike LaFluer, he does a poor job of spreading out the defense and leaves throwing lanes super congested. The scripted plays to begin the game are absolutely terrible and we look flat and unprepared, just like with Robiskie. He tries to outnumber defenses in the run and pass game instead of outsmarting them.

No matter the flashes, he's terrible overall and the only reason we are staying afloat is because Tannehill has the ball in his hands every play and seems to be fine dinking and dunking into tight coverage

This thread smells like hypocrisy. The offense has been the same concept since 2016, and now that Tannehill is QB, all eyes are finally on how the scheme sucks lol.
if I were the type to bullshit peoples' post... this right here would be a straight BS....

Please tell me you have not heard or seen or read anyone trashing our schemes all these years....Tell that lie so we can copy paste it and know that you will lie if that helps your agenda.

Yes the scheme has sucked all along, but plenty of us know they had to scheme around a trash qb, so they could only do what they could...

everytime a new hc.oc comes in with great plans, they revert right back to Mariota ball, because Mariota was too trash to run anything else.

if I were the type to bull**** peoples' post... this right here would be a straight BS....

Please tell me you have not heard or seen or read anyone trashing our schemes all these years....Tell that lie so we can copy paste it and know that you will lie if that helps your agenda.

Yes the scheme has sucked all along, but plenty of us know they had to scheme around a trash qb, so they could only do what they could...

everytime a new hc.oc comes in with great plans, they revert right back to Mariota ball, because Mariota was too trash to run anything else.

come on; everyone knows it makes more sense that it's on the FIVE OC's vs them scheming around the QB.

if I were the type to bull**** peoples' post... this right here would be a straight BS....

The scheme has been here before Marcus and will be here until the Titans step foot into the 21st century, find another scapegoat. Plenty of teams with even worse QBs over the years have run more advanced schemes, find another scapegoat.

Then why are we doing the same "mariota" ball with tanny?

Then why are we doing the same "mariota" ball with tanny?
because we still have Art? Once again, Art was promoted for his understanding of the playbook left behind. He isnt an OC, he doesn't have OC experience, I am sure he doesn't have his own playbook put together. This is his opportunity though. If he can step out of the Mariota system and open things up, he might make a name for himself. Doubt he will though, it was too big of a promotion and he wasnt ready for it.

DK Metcalf looking like a true #1 WR. Got laughed at for wanting DK.

While we're stuck with the 5th overall WR looking like a 5th rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back