Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is about CD84 but as I read the opinions it comes back to the same thing. QB play and play calling. Tannehill gives us a better chance to move the ball thru the air but Smith is like a Murlarkey protégé. It's like one step forward and one step back. Tannehill is more accurate than Mariota but imo he's held back due to Arthur Smith's playcalling.We need a fresh creative OC who can utilize our playmakers. that's been a problem for years with this Franchise.

This thread is about CD84 but as I read the opinions it comes back to the same thing. QB play and play calling. Tannehill gives us a better chance to move the ball thru the air but Smith is like a Murlarkey protégé. It's like one step forward and one step back. Tannehill is more accurate than Mariota but imo he's held back due to Arthur Smith's playcalling.We need a fresh creative OC who can utilize our playmakers. that's been a problem for years with this Franchise.
I feel like they have been stuck in the type of playcalling that we are getting most of the Mariota era. Regardless of HC or OC, we would end up reverting back to the same play types. Now that we are using Tannehill, that system needs to be scrapped. After the end of the season I expect to see Art go back to position coaching and we bring in a more open offensive minded OC. Atleast that is my hope.

I feel like they have been stuck in the type of playcalling that we are getting most of the Mariota era. Regardless of HC or OC, we would end up reverting back to the same play types. Now that we are using Tannehill, that system needs to be scrapped. After the end of the season I expect to see Art go back to position coaching and we bring in a more open offensive minded OC. Atleast that is my hope.

That is my hope as well. The play calling is too predictable. It's bad enough with Vrabel making random 4th down calls. We have too much talent to be ranked near the bottom on offense.

Not love, just looking at the big picture...fun fact Aaron Rodgers and mariota had similar qbr last year....why?
That is an excellent question because Mariota wasn't even a bump on the ass of Rodgers last season. My first answer would be that proves that qbr is broken.

there was another in the second half that was overthrown/underrun but really corey davis just seems kind of useless in deep ball situations. but maybe that's just our offense as a whole
Davis could have tried to dive on the deep ball up the left sideline. It wasn't that bad. The endzone ball was underthrown by Tannehill though.

Wanted to open up a Davis thread from the past, but they were all closed.

Really want to like Corey. Why in the world can't he shine? I understand our QB situation hasn't been up to par these days, but you expect more out of your #5 pick.

What Evans did against us is what you'd expect to see from Corey every now and then.

He's getting 1 vs 1 coverage and still can't dominate like you would think. There were a few catches he should've caught today, not because he's an NFL WR, but because we invested so much in him.

I'm clearly starting to wonder if he's our #1 as opposed to AJ Brown.

If he were taken 2nd round, there would be a case for benefit of the doubt...

not 5th overall tho...

That is an excellent question because Mariota wasn't even a bump on the ass of Rodgers last season. My first answer would be that proves that qbr is broken.
Or aaron rodgers played conservative due to changes
Or changes affected his play....

Pretty sure we had one...

Or aaron rodgers played conservative due to changes

Or changes affected his play....
lets see...

2018... 62.3% 4,442 yards 25 tds 2 ints
2018... 68.9% 2,538 yards 11 tds 8 ints

I am pretty sure which stats belongs to which qb. Now, whatever point you were trying to make really falls short.

This is why we are having trouble getting anything out of the receivers. Smith is doing the defense's job for them and taking them out of the play.View attachment 16602

lets see...

2018... 62.3% 4,442 yards 25 tds 2 ints
2018... 68.9% 2,538 yards 11 tds 8 ints

I am pretty sure which stats belongs to which qb. Now, whatever point you were trying to make really falls short.
thats pretty but he had 5 games with ONE passing td.....hell he threw fifty times one game and couldn't get 250 yards.

thats pretty but he had 5 games with ONE passing td.....hell he threw fifty times one game and couldn't get 250 yards.
How many games did your boy have only 1 td, in fact how many did he have 0 tds?

No one would ever allow a trash qb like Mariota to throw 50 times in one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back