Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you are right, Davis is hands down the 8th best receiver in the league....

or, is he?

did I say that? You used 3rd down catches for a 1st down.

you said he was the 4th option on 3rd downs, I said that’s stupid considering he was one of the best on 3rd downs just a year ago.

did I say that? You used 3rd down catches for a 1st down.

you said he was the 4th option on 3rd downs, I said that’s stupid considering he was one of the best on 3rd downs just a year ago.
Last year was a completely different receiver corps. Does that also make Mariota one of the best for passing on 3rd downs?

Your stat doesnt prove anything at all. I stick by what I said, Davis would be my 3rd if not 4th option on a 3rd down this season.

I think that Tanman uses AJ/Taje and the backup TE's much more, as all the early reps he took (camp, etc...) were with the 'at the time backups'

I expect if he gets a full year with Davis/AJ/Jonnu, camp and so on, they will be much more targeted as a whole.

I also know that Davis still took a lot of the No1 CBs when AJ was making plays early on, but since the hype of AJ really took over and started getting the focus towards the end, his production tailed off. I'm eager to see how he'll do and adapt.

Also we just haven't been passing that much for everyone to eat.

But for as long as I remember, we finally have a WR corp, that I hope we can enjoy for at least 2 more years as is, b/c we are actually seeing results and not talking about their 'potential'. Too small a sample size also, but:

• AJ/Davis - Towers on the outside. Whoever they focus on as WR1, the other should capitalize with the bigger day. I make it a point to watch Davis, I still think he's got the goods! And say what you want, but they both seem to be elite blockers, I can't remember a single long play, be it run or YAC where I didn't see them de-cleating players, let alone blocking.
  • Jonnu - Primary TE
  • Sharpe - Forgotten guy who will get open and make those big plays here and there
  • Raymond - Speedster

I think that Tanman uses AJ/Taje and the backup TE's much more, as all the early reps he took (camp, etc...) were with the 'at the time backups'

I expect if he gets a full year with Davis/AJ/Jonnu, camp and so on, they will be much more targeted as a whole.

I also know that Davis still took a lot of the No1 CBs when AJ was making plays early on, but since the hype of AJ really took over and started getting the focus towards the end, his production tailed off. I'm eager to see how he'll do and adapt.

But for as long as I remember, we finally have a WR corp, that I hope we can enjoy for at least 2 more years as is, b/c we are actually seeing results and not talking about their 'potential'. Too small a sample size also, but:

• AJ/Davis - Towers on the outside. Whoever they focus on as WR1, the other should capitalize with the bigger day. I make it a point to watch Davis, I still think he's got the goods! And say what you want, but they both seem to be elite blockers, I can't remember a single long play, be it run or YAC where I didn't see them de-cleating players, let alone blocking.
  • Jonnu - Primary TE
  • Sharpe - Forgotten guy who will get open and make those big plays here and there
  • Raymond - Speedster

I think jonnu is the one that is criminally underused. He's just too good a pass catcher not to get more looks. Such a mismatch.

Mariotta wide open tho
I've been calling it for last 2 games but I really think this is the week he makes a big catch for us. Dude at least deserves that for being the true professional and great teammate that he's been. Would love to see him score a big td this week

• Jonnu - Primary TE
  • Raymond - Speedster

When I was sitting next to Raymond’s family at the Oakland game and talking to his sister, I told her it was actually a pretty good feeling as a fan that for once in a long time, wide receiver doesn’t have to be anywhere on our draft board.

The WR's taken right after CD ; Mike Williams and John Ross are on the same path as CD. Just mehh average with 'some flashes' - although those two have had injuries and CD has been healthy just mehh in general.

2017 looks like the old case where the Titans went with need over BAP. McCaffery and Mahomes not long after those picks (Mariota and Henry were both here though)

Same with the Locker one. Need not BAP. JJ Watt right after that ... grrrr

The WR's taken right after CD ; Mike Williams and John Ross are on the same path as CD. Just mehh average with 'some flashes' - although those two have had injuries and CD has been healthy just mehh in general.

2017 looks like the old case where the Titans went with need over BAP. McCaffery and Mahomes not long after those picks (Mariota and Henry were both here though)

Same with the Locker one. Need not BAP. JJ Watt right after that ... grrrr
You can make any team and their GM look bad with hindsight draft analysis. We made some bad picks in the past but plenty of teams are saying the same thing about who they picked in front of AJB and Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back