Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so AJ is more productive in the NFL now than last year when he was in college against better overall talent and competition? Hmmm. Nice logic. Constant excuses for Corey and trying to minimize AJ aka the potential ROY.
Yea, I’d say his NFL production was pretty weak last season.

Oh so AJ is more productive in the NFL now than last year when he was in college against better overall talent and competition? Hmmm. Nice logic. Constant excuses for Corey and trying to minimize AJ aka the potential ROY.
I meant compared to Davis, who had no help and was constantly bracketed a year ago. Brown was without him one game vs KC, and that didn't go so well. We just need an OC who can get the most out of this receiving talent, especially with an elite QB.

Why does Salmon hate CD84 so much?

Announcers: 12 yard catch by Humphries.
Salmon: Hey Shoutbox, can you tell me how many yards Davis got on that play?

It’s true there were MANY picks after Davis who’ve had a bigger impact. And there is NO debate he hadn’t produced like a #5 overall pick should. Honestly- I think we tried to trade out but it didn’t work out.

we can’t hit on everything but missing on getting a game changer with a #5 pick hurts. CD84 a #3 WR at best on most other teams.

It’s true there were MANY picks after Davis who’ve had a bigger impact. And there is NO debate he hadn’t produced like a #5 overall pick should. Honestly- I think we tried to trade out but it didn’t work out.

we can’t hit on everything but missing on getting a game changer with a #5 pick hurts. CD84 a #3 WR at best on most other teams.

I want to see CD84 in a full season with a QB that can actually throw.

and this is coming from someone who was backing MM8 preseason

Yeah, I would be willing to bet money JRob was doing everything he could for a trade, we waited until the last seconds to make the pick. It was still a bad pick at number 5 though.

I want to see CD84 in a full season with a QB that can actually throw.

and this is coming from someone who was backing MM8 preseason
They really need an off-season to develop chemistry. It's no surprise that Tannehill shows a lot of rapport and trust with guys like Brown and Firkser, who received reps with the 2s.

Rishard says that Tannehill will have the WRs running routes with him twice a week during the off-season. Next year could be special for the passing offense.

Disagree he’s only a #3.

I think he’s good at what we’ve really asked him to do. He doesn’t get targeted like a true #1 but as a running team, his ability to block is among the best in the league.
None of that will ever equal the draft expectations of a #5 overall pick, but I think he is a good WR and does well for this offense.

I think he is what you want as a #3. If he is your #2, then your receiving corps needs improvement. On our team, on 3rd down and need to get the first, I would throw to AJ first, Tajae if AJ is covered, then CD would be my 3rd (WR) option. Even then, I would add Smith (TE) in my progression over CD. So including TEs, CD would be my 4th option AT BEST in a must get 3rd down situation.

I think he is what you want as a #3. If he is your #2, then your receiving corps needs improvement. On our team, on 3rd down and need to get the first, I would throw to AJ first, Tajae if AJ is covered, then CD would be my 3rd (WR) option. Even then, I would add Smith (TE) in my progression over CD. So including TEs, CD would be my 4th option AT BEST in a must get 3rd down situation.
If that’s the case, I’m assuming you read the defense and you expect them to put better coverage on Davis which is why you looked elsewhere.

For example, Sharpe is a first down machine. His catch:FD/TD ratio is likely among the best in the league. This is partly do to weaker coverage on a guy this far down the depth chart, not because he’s just better. If that was the case, we don’t draft Davis or/and Brown.

what are you basing this off of?

keep in mind... In 2018 with Marcus throwing the ball, CD finished 8th best in 3rd down catches for a 1st down(20) tied with Mike Evens.

Why does Salmon hate CD84 so much?

Announcers: 12 yard catch by Humphries.
Salmon: Hey Shoutbox, can you tell me how many yards Davis got on that play?
Hate not so much. But disappointed very much considering he was an overall #5 pick and we could have gotten way better talent at that pick such as o line or d line help.

He's a Titan and I do want to see him do well but he has simply been very below average for the hype. He isn't even out doing Tajae. I really expected him to be what AJ is doing now.

Also, it really seemed like he was babied so much. Took so many days off from practice to rest? Idk.

I was ecstatic with this pick, he was the guy I wanted, although I'd of preferred him at 18. That said, he's been a letdown. I was expecting a big year, especially with Tannehill throwing the rock. But AJ has made him a after thought.

Lol you're crazy cd is a beast number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back