Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this whole voidable thing is a bit of a joke.

The bucs extending someone (forget who) for 5 years when everyone can tell by looking at the contract that its a 2year extension.

Im an accountant (not US Based) and I find all the terminology and reporting on contracts pretty damn confusing.

Yeah honestly not sure how the whole thing works but my understanding is that they are essentially still going to be on the hook for the signing bonus of the extension but not the salary. Sounds like a pretty risky way to do business if you ask me.

Lavonte David was the guy you were thinking of.

International accounting seems like it would be more complex than US accounting

It w
Sure but they will still be on the hook for some of that $140 million. They are spreading out the signing bonus over multiple years to save money.
Yes, but it will be a tiny fraction f the $140 million. That is a phantom number. Smoke and mirrors accounting.

It w

Yes, but it will be a tiny fraction f the $140 million. That is a phantom number. Smoke and mirrors accounting.

Right but I guess my point is they are infatuated with Taysom Hill for some reason but won’t commit to him being the starter and they don’t use him nearly enough to justify what they are paying him. Why even make the “extension” $140 million? Why not 4 years $50 million or some other random number that’s meaningless?

I am starting to think that Sean Payton has a man crush on Hill. I just do not get the thinking, this guy is not even close to being a qb.

I am starting to think that Sean Payton has a man crush on Hill. I just do not get the thinking, this guy is not even close to being a qb.

He played ok last year when Brees was out but they clearly haven’t committed to him being the guy for a reason. It’s so weird what’s going on there. Makes no sense. Who pays a backup QB/TE $12 million to play like 15 snaps a game? Crazy.

He played ok last year when Brees was out but they clearly haven’t committed to him being the guy for a reason. It’s so weird what’s going on there. Makes no sense. Who pays a backup QB/TE $12 million to play like 15 snaps a game? Crazy.
I find it hard to believe there was a big demand for him and so they had to lock him down at that amount. The draft is full of guys like him.

I heard Payton is just as impressed with Winston, I can see him re-signing...although alot of money tied up in both QBs
My guess is they keep Winston and Taysom. Play Winston between the 20s and Taysom in the redzone. Winston has an arm, but too many turnovers, and pulling him in the redzone for a running QB could make it difficult on Ds

My guess is they keep Winston and Taysom. Play Winston between the 20s and Taysom in the redzone. Winston has an arm, but too many turnovers, and pulling him in the redzone for a running QB could make it difficult on Ds
They probably have a camp battle. I don’t see them using a two QB system. Maybe some gadget plays, but not pulling Winston when they hit the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back