Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be honest, I was worried about signing quality players but so many are getting cut it shouldn’t be a problem signing a quality vet for cheap.

Schwartz was a guy we should have signed when he went to KC. $6.6 mil per year at the time in 2016. Think how that might have turned out. Instead of the 1st round pick (and traded away 3rd round pick) we use for Conklin we insert Schwartz instead. Comparable player.

Would be nice, but I don't think we can afford to spend a penny on the oline this season

Very true. Kelly is decent and hopefully Lewan is back. We should focus on keeping Sambrailo for depth and we still have Quesenberry who might be a replacement for Saffold if they want to save money by cutting him. Brewer showed some promise filling in last year especially pushing guys back in the run game. Thus we have a solid group even if we get nothing out of Wilson (TBD).

Very true. Kelly is decent and hopefully Lewan is back. We should focus on keeping Sambrailo for depth and we still have Quesenberry who might be a replacement for Saffold if they want to save money by cutting him. Brewer showed some promise filling in last year especially pushing guys back in the run game. Thus we have a solid group even if we get nothing out of Wilson (TBD).
Definitely won't be getting anything out of Wilson now

Lewan seems like the next most logical move to free up money. Restructuring his deal would free up potentially 8-9 million in cap space. And while risky, we could also extend attempt to extend Adoree, which could free up another 5-6 million. That would give us around 30-32 million in cap space if we made both of those moves.

If any other cuts are made, I expect it to be on the OL. Either Saffold or Jones. Saffold frees up a little more money but comes with 4.75 million in dead cap. Jones only has a dead cap hit of 1 million.

I understand cutting Saffold or Jones would free up money I just don’t like the idea of adding another need to the roster, but we may have too if JRob is unwilling to restructure any deals.

Our current list of 2022 free agents:
Ben Jones
Rashaan Evans
Adoree Jackson
Harold Landry
David Quessenberry
Derick Roberson

If we want to free up cap space without "kicking the can down the road", then these are the guys we should extend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Jones
Rashaan Evans
Adoree Jackson
Harold Landry
Breon Borders
David Quessenberry
Derick Roberson

If we want to free up cap space without "kicking the can down the road", then these are the guys we should extend.

I thought they resigned borders two weeks ago?

Ben Jones
Rashaan Evans
Adoree Jackson
Harold Landry
David Quessenberry
Derick Roberson

Jones and Jackson are the only ones on that list that would have real affect on the cap this year. I don't know that you're gonna save much on Landy and Evans as they're both only making 2 million as it stands. Are they really gonna accept a 1 million base salary in 2021 without a signing bonus? Seems unlikely. Quessenberry and Roberson will save practically nothing as well.

And Mitchell Schwartz.... it's a head scratcher that they release both their starting OTs after how obvious it was that they missed Fisher in the Super Bowl
They could lose their C Reiter in FA as well...good thing Mahomes can scramble, he's going to be doing alot this year lol

Maybe we can extend Evans? He's been disappointing and I think his 5th year option is like 10+ million. Can't see us picking that up, but he is one of our veterans on D now, which is just sad.

I don’t think it’s smart to vaporize on area. Instead of cutting two starters (providing they are productive) cut around the position groups so no one area is devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back