Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this doesn't bite us in the ass...you have to admit, he wasn't used like he was in college, maybe he should have been?
I thought they attempted to and he couldn’t do it.

he wasn’t a good PR which was supposed to be a big selling point at his draft position.
I do t think there was any need to put him on offense especially if he was doing his primary job on defense all that great.

I thought they attempted to and he couldn’t do it.

he wasn’t a good PR which was supposed to be a big selling point at his draft position.
I do t think there was any need to put him on offense especially if he was doing his primary job on defense all that great.
In his rookie year

25 returns 578 yds 23.1 avg

Not great but not a big sample size, I think they made the mistake making him focus just on CB..like you said his selling feature was more than that

I have to wonder how worried they may have been about injury. He is a small guy and getting him broken on a return would not have been good.

We used him a few times on PR. He made some really questionable decisions and got lit up.

I doubt the coaches appreciated their starting CB fighting for 2 extra yards, and likely why they didn't put him back there again.

In his rookie year

25 returns 578 yds 23.1 avg

Not great but not a big sample size, I think they made the mistake making him focus just on CB..like you said his selling feature was more than that
IIRC he had a punt return TD called back on a irrelevant penalty.

He also had two or 3 solid carries on offense.

I think its a bit of both.

He didnt light up the world on PR or on Offense, and he was always either injured, coming back from injury, or trying to develop.

So it made sense to let him focus on CB.

Man, i just remembered Mularkeys last game as coach. V the Saints (I think). Less than 7 behind, in our own half, 4th and 10, less than a minute to play. 2 minute drill. Win and in the playoffs.

We called a slant to Adoree on 4th and 10. Adoree was a rookie im pretty sure, with minimal snaps on offense.

Thank god those days are behind us.

Counter-point: getting starters injured on special teams is such BS, especially when the player takes very unnecessary risks.
If it's a skillset they were drafted for, it's not unnecessary risk, it's their job...its football, injuries are unfortunately part of the game

If it's a skillset they were drafted for, it's not unnecessary risk, it's their job...its football, injuries are unfortunately part of the game
yeah, but he wasnt drafted as a returner, he was drafted as a CB who could return. When they started to realize he had not a single ounce of physicality in his entire midget sized body, and he was fragile, they decided to focus on his main attribute which was an average CB.

I think its a bit of both.

He didnt light up the world on PR or on Offense, and he was always either injured, coming back from injury, or trying to develop.

So it made sense to let him focus on CB.

Man, i just remembered Mularkeys last game as coach. V the Saints (I think). Less than 7 behind, in our own half, 4th and 10, less than a minute to play. 2 minute drill. Win and in the playoffs.

We called a slant to Adoree on 4th and 10. Adoree was a rookie im pretty sure, with minimal snaps on offense.

Thank god those days are behind us.

I think that was against the Cardinals in Arizona.

yeah, but he wasnt drafted as a returner, he was drafted as a CB who could return. When they started to realize he had not a single ounce of physicality in his entire midget sized body, and he was fragile, they decided to focus on his main attribute which was an average CB.
If it was strictly a corner they wanted then they should have drafted Lattimore at 5.

Well, I am not saying that is what they wanted. It is definitely what they got though.
I think they wanted a WR and CB but WR was more top heavy. More options at CB later. That said, they very clearly tried everything to trade down from 5. I remember they literally waited until the last second to submit the pick. Probably didn't have any offers worthwhile, so, you go with your board.

I think they wanted a WR and CB but WR was more top heavy. More options at CB later. That said, they very clearly tried everything to trade down from 5. I remember they literally waited until the last second to submit the pick. Probably didn't have any offers worthwhile, so, you go with your board.
Yep, I remember that distinctly. It was right at the buzzer when they made the pick. Seems no one wanted to give us what we wanted for it.

Yep, I remember that distinctly. It was right at the buzzer when they made the pick. Seems no one wanted to give us what we wanted for it.

The damn bears screwed us with that early trade with the 9ers. Still can't believe they traded that much to move up one spot for Mitchy T.

The strategy was spot on but the CB they picked should have been White instead of Adoree.

Lattimore had a bad year last year and ended up ranked #70 per PFF. Butler and Borders were ranked #15 and #21 last year. White #31 and Jenkins #42.

The strategy was spot on but the CB they picked should have been White instead of Adoree.

Lattimore had a bad year last year and ended up ranked #70 per PFF. Butler and Borders were ranked #15 and #21 last year. White #31 and Jenkins #42.
Hindsight is 2020 but even if we did draft White, we'd probably have to trade him or lose him to FA. Can't afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back