Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just see too many teams pissing all over the cap and kicking the can down the road over and over to the point it seems to have no real relevance to me.

The NFL is either going to have scale back cap in alternating years or start putting caps in by position. Teams would have to be more conservative with their cap if it wasn't going up every season. They are well on their way to being the NBA

Why would they need to scale back cap? The money is there and the revenue continues to poor in. The market will balance itself back out eventually. Qbs and wrs now are getting paid way to much to actually build successfully around, imo. Those numbers will start to go down, they have to. Some players might sit out, but eventually the market just is what it is

Did you really suggest a Parker to Titans trade? Parker is hot garbage. He's good for a miraculous catch from time to time, but how the Pats gave up a 3rd round pick for him is comical.
Yes I did. That hot garbage is better than our current #3 (technically injured #2), had some decent times with Tannehill already, and can contribute quicker than anyone we draft rounds 4-7. No, he's not worth a 3rd, but definitely worth a 6th.

Why would they need to scale back cap? The money is there and the revenue continues to poor in. The market will balance itself back out eventually. Qbs and wrs now are getting paid way to much to actually build successfully around, imo. Those numbers will start to go down, they have to. Some players might sit out, but eventually the market just is what it is
I'm sure things will change with the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, like they always do. Remember when rookie contracts were uncapped? It was insane. Look at Jamarcus Russell. I think some rookies were making more than SB winning vets. Right now free agents are getting paid and it seems disproportionate to rooking contracts. It will probably balance back out a bit on the next agreement. That said, I things are bananas right now. JRob seems to be handling it well.

I just see too many teams pissing all over the cap and kicking the can down the road over and over to the point it seems to have no real relevance to me.
Agree...these 6 year contracts won't last 6 years....teams are in win now mode....they don't care about the 4th, 5th, 6th year of these ridiculous deals

According to multiple reports, the Eagles will be sending the 16th, 19th, and 194th picks in this year’s draft to the Saints for the 18th, 101st, and 237th picks as well as a 2023 first-round pick and a 2024 second-round pick.

I suppose who they draft will determine the winner of this trade but I’d have to think eagles by virtue of gaining a 1st for next year which currently looks like it will be top half at least, Saints not looking great.

I’d also say, eagles seem a little more setup to compete with only 1 first round pick, Saints need all they can get.

Overall, I doubt much has really changed in draft intentions moving around 16/18/19 overall.

I suppose who they draft will determine the winner of this trade but I’d have to think eagles by virtue of gaining a 1st for next year which currently looks like it will be top half at least, Saints not looking great.

I’d also say, eagles seem a little more setup to compete with only 1 first round pick, Saints need all they can get.

Overall, I doubt much has really changed in draft intentions moving around 16/18/19 overall.

actually from a draft value chart the Saints win this trade by about 250 points which is the value of an early 3rd…..I think the Eagles are planning on the Saints pick being a top 10 pick which would shift those numbers

I love that the Eagles just turned one of the picks they got from the Colts for Wentz into like 3 more picks!! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Colts get Wentz

Eagles get:
Colts 2022 3rd
Saints 2022 3rd
Eagles 2022 1st moves up from 19 to 18
Saints 2023 1st
Saints 2024 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back