Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's harsh, considering he's up there as one of the Titans greats.

DW is legit one of the best Titans ever.

Could you imagine DW in his prime with Tanny?
Unfortunately, yes...., also wasn’t meant to be read the way you may have taken it. Loved him as a Titan

I would be all for it if it is league minimum with bonuses. If he produces, then he earns the money. If he doesn't, well he gets to mentor the younger guys and retire as a Titan. I would love for him to retire a Titan.

Could you imagine him with Tannehill?!!! God damn I'm pitching a tent LOL.

Litterally never saw that anywhere. And I was on here a lot during those years lol.
Yep, I am a former Mariota HATER. Couldnt stand the guy at all. If I saw someone saying that, I would dang sure remember and I don't remember anyone saying Mariota made Walker. If anything Walker made Mariota look like he might be a qb.

There are a lot of reasons DW doesn't make sense. People assume he is of value as a part time player but that isn't necessarily what we need. Are we bringing him in so he can block, play STs or just play occasionally in passing situations. What does he have left? Is his role worth a roster spot and an active spot? In other words if he is good enough to be one of our 2 starting TEs he is probably worth it. Otherwise we might as well see if we can develop a younger guy.

To be honest at this stage MyCole Pruitt might be as good or better and we let him go (signed with the 49ers). There was a guy who had some game (run and catch), and played for a number of years in our system. My guess is that JRob will evaluate what he has on the roster, including UDFAs, and see what becomes available in FA during cuts.

There are a lot of reasons DW doesn't make sense. People assume he is of value as a part time player but that isn't necessarily what we need. Are we bringing him in so he can block, play STs or just play occasionally in passing situations. What does he have left? Is his role worth a roster spot and an active spot? In other words if he is good enough to be one of our 2 starting TEs he is probably worth it. Otherwise we might as well see if we can develop a younger guy.

To be honest at this stage MyCole Pruitt might be as good or better and we let him go (signed with the 49ers). There was a guy who had some game (run and catch), and played for a number of years in our system. My guess is that JRob will evaluate what he has on the roster, including UDFAs, and see what becomes available in FA during cuts.
I think he could replace swaim. Swaim is a vet also (7 years) but has shown very little by way of receiving but proves a good blocker. DW brings another receiving option at TE even if not the same level he used to be.

It would be fun to see Delanie back, but free agents like Trey Burton or Jesse James likely provide more value at this point.

It would be fun to see Delanie back, but free agents like Trey Burton or Jesse James likely provide more value at this point.

I think Trey Burton is supremely underrated. He's a very good blocker and a decent weapon in the passing game. James seems like he was not utilized properly in Detroit. And that makes some sense because Stafford was never one to utilize his TE very often.

Exactly and you get a guy for near the vet minimum who might also be willing to play STs. Walker is one of my favorite Titans of all time but he is 36 years old. Burton isn't a great fit IMO because he is more of a pass catcher. James is a nice sized TE that could be a nice fit but not sure how much of an upgrade he would be over all.

I liked Jordan Leggett coming out of Clemson but he hasn't done much in the pros and might be one of those low effort guys. Seems like he could be someone you bring in to compete. Nice size and speed combo.

DW had a really bad injury. Not sure he’d last 5 games and at best would only be 70% of what he was. Love the guy, but it’s time for him to consider life after playing.

DW wants to play one or two more years and says he's back to about 95%. He's older, but he wants to play here, he lives here still. I think he'd take vet minimum and he'd be worth it at that price. Even if he's a #2 te and can only have a 30-40 catch type of season it's worth it.

DW wants to play one or two more years and says he's back to about 95%. He's older, but he wants to play here, he lives here still. I think he'd take vet minimum and he'd be worth it at that price. Even if he's a #2 te and can only have a 30-40 catch type of season it's worth it.
I want him to retire a Titan. If he will take the minimum, I am all on board, even if he doesnt produce.

If he has 30-40 catches, then he is one of the best receivers the Titans have ever had.

IF he’d be happy as depth, his intangibles would provide value to the locker room. His injury at his age really tough to recover. He may feel 95% but he’s more like 70% in measurables. Be good to find a place for him somewhere with the team.

At best DW would add depth but I'm not sure he is as good as Firkser as a receiver right now nor is he a better blocker than Swaim. If we have an injury in the pre-season he might make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back