Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
At best DW would add depth but I'm not sure he is as good as Firkser as a receiver right now nor is he a better blocker than Swaim. If we have an injury in the pre-season he might make sense.

Your probably right about both those guys, but even at 36 I think he can provide value on the field. He'd be good for a few tds and a few big plays at the very least. Maybe it makes more since to bring him in as a locker room guy and #3, then start actually using him in the playoffs.

At best DW would add depth but I'm not sure he is as good as Firkser as a receiver right now nor is he a better blocker than Swaim. If we have an injury in the pre-season he might make sense.

But he is probably a better blocker than Firsker and better receiver than Swaim. In which case, he makes for decent depth.

Reports out there that we are the favorite to trade for Ertz. I personally would be very surprised if we gave up anything for him. He feels very redundant with Firkser and will cost more than he’s worth at this point. There’s free agents we wouldn’t have to trade for that I like just as much. And I think it’s pretty obvious that if they cut Ertz, he will sign with the Colts.

All of the reports I've seen other than the Philly one, are coming from Titan fan type sites that are just making the suggestion that we should go after him.

I like Firkser..I think he will have a good year..I'm not big on trading anymore picks hut I'd rather trade for OJ Howard than Ertz

Keep that Bama connection going! Lol

I agree no more trading picks. There’s plenty of serviceable free agent vets at TE and on defense if we want to make more additions.

Not really sure why Tampa would trade away Howard at this point. They won't get a draft pick for him until the next draft so no benefit as they try to win another championship this year. Their focus is this year. Yea, they won it without Howard after he tore his achilles but who knows if someone else is going to get hurt. Gronkowski is 32 years old and mostly there for the playoffs.

With that said I'm sure JRob would trade for him on a reasonable trade deal (last year of his contract and he makes $6 mil). But I don't see JRob giving up anything in the first 4 rounds since we lost picks in the Julio trade. I certainly don't see why Tampa would dump the guy for a late round pick when he can be useful to them this year.

Howard requested a trade last April..he's basically behind Gronk and Brate.

Trade them Raashan Evans, although they just drafted Tryon

I'm assuming Monty Rice would be Evans replacement?
I think Long would replace Evans this yr.

Interesting idea of player for player trade…I’m really expecting Evans to have his most impactful year yet. Similar to Davis having his best yr last yr after his 5th yr option wasn’t picked up

I'm assuming Monty Rice would be Evans replacement?

I'd expect Rice was drafted to fill Evans role eventually with Long replacing Brown if he isn't retained. So really comes down to Rice early performance in camp. But I don't see Evans going anywhere and agree with 2004 he might have a great year (Brown also) so letting Rice sit for a year as a backup isn't the worst thing. Also, Rice can focus on Evan's spot and Long on Brown's (which he played last year anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back