Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahomes is pretty incredible but you could argue he has Hill, Kelce and a few other not too bad options. Not taking anything from Mahomes but Henry certainly should be considered by what he does for and brings to the Titans.

:henry: for MVP

Unfortunately, BDH already has an uphill battle in a QB league.
I think he makes a great case already when breaking down what MVP actually stands for, but he will need to boost up those stats for a legit shot.

I'm guessing now, that he needs 20+ TD and over 1800 yards rushing. Both are very possible but may still not be enough.

Its hard to beat out a media darling like Mahomes, who is also deserving of the title, but Henry should absolutely be in the conversation. And like @HurrayTitans! said, Henry may be the MVP in the truest definition of the word. I just look to his yards after contact ... thats all Henry at that point

Adrian Peterson was the last non-QB to win the award in 2012 ... he had over 2000 yards rushing that year though. Dont think Henry is getting to 2k

I'd say theres a 50% chance Derrick Henry wins MVP.

teams have dared Ryan tannehill to beat them and now everyone knows he can. When tannehill posted his 16th game as a starter for the titans I saw infographics comparing his 16 games to aarong Rodgers MVP season and tannehill had better stats. They also compared him to mahomes stats and they were equal... tannehill is a goat and everyone in the league knows it now.

This has lead to defenses forced to not bite on play action and has forced them to delay their pursuit of Henry by a bit... I noticed this a couple games ago where Henry is just getting thru the line of scrimmage very easily, which results in him falling forward for 6 yards nearly every play.

Combine that with the fact that Derrick henry was great in December last year, I believe he could average 150 yards for these last 5 games and hit the 2000 yard mark.

If he doesn't do this, it is still highly likely that he becomes the league leading rusher for the 2nd time in a row. This puts him in historically elite company of Jim brown, Eric Dickerson, emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders and edgerrin James.

Given his resume from last year where he carried the entire team into the AFC championship, and his resume this year which could be similar, it is a no brainer that Derrick Henry is the most valuable player.

Yes I understand the politics of the award and there is a chance that the league will give it go mahomes because they need to create a new Brady figure but having Derrick Henry on your team is lightyears better than having the 2nd best rb on your team whereas you could put 5 different QBs on the chiefs and they are a superbowl contender anyway

Sadly it would take a 2,000 yard season and 20+ touchdowns for him to win it and they would still likely give it to Wilson or Mahomes.
Who’s the last running back to win MVP?

I'd say theres a 50% chance Derrick Henry wins MVP.

teams have dared Ryan tannehill to beat them and now everyone knows he can. When tannehill posted his 16th game as a starter for the titans I saw infographics comparing his 16 games to aarong Rodgers MVP season and tannehill had better stats. They also compared him to mahomes stats and they were equal... tannehill is a goat and everyone in the league knows it now.

This has lead to defenses forced to not bite on play action and has forced them to delay their pursuit of Henry by a bit... I noticed this a couple games ago where Henry is just getting thru the line of scrimmage very easily, which results in him falling forward for 6 yards nearly every play.

Combine that with the fact that Derrick henry was great in December last year, I believe he could average 150 yards for these last 5 games and hit the 2000 yard mark.

If he doesn't do this, it is still highly likely that he becomes the league leading rusher for the 2nd time in a row. This puts him in historically elite company of Jim brown, Eric Dickerson, emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders and edgerrin James.

Given his resume from last year where he carried the entire team into the AFC championship, and his resume this year which could be similar, it is a no brainer that Derrick Henry is the most valuable player.

Yes I understand the politics of the award and there is a chance that the league will give it go mahomes because they need to create a new Brady figure but having Derrick Henry on your team is lightyears better than having the 2nd best rb on your team whereas you could put 5 different QBs on the chiefs and they are a superbowl contender anyway
You had me at hello

Henry is having a Earl Campbell type season, when Earl won back to back MVPs....has a real shot to better him, you never know.

Henry is having a Earl Campbell type season, when Earl won back to back MVPs....has a real shot to better him, you never know.

Earl Campbell also wasn’t playing in a league putting up numbers like the QB’s are now a days. It’s a different NFL. That being said Henry is on pace for 1800 yards and 17 TD’s. I’d say he’s in the conversation for sure.

With the upcoming schedule he could get to 2k yards because Henry always seems to go off in December.

Hard to argue against a QB if his team has one of the best records in the league and he is a leader in a number of key stats.

Mahommes already has 3500 yards passing and 30 TDs (11 games). His team has only lost one game. Even if Henry gets 2000 yards he isn't going to be MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back