Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If and a big if Henry get 2000 yards rushing, I think it is really hard for him not to win it! Only 7 times in NFL history it has happened.

And how many of them won it? CJ2K didnt

CJ didn't win it, but our team wasn't very good that year and CJ wasn't necessarily a "house hold" name at that point (small school guy, only 2nd year in the league). And right or wrong, I think that does matter in the MVP race.

AP did win it with a 2000 yard season a couple years later, but AP already had the pedigree by that time. People already knew AP was great so it wasn't a stretch for voters to vote him as MVP.

Henry is coming in with a pedigree. Heisman winner at Bama, potentially back to back NFL rushing titles, and everyone watched him destroy Pats and Ravens in the playoffs last year. Plus we are doing good this year as a team ...I think it wouldn't be as tough of a sell for voters to vote Henry now as it was for CJ then.

That being said, I highly doubt he gets 2000 and in that case it will go Mahomes

A December to remember certainly could get him heavily into the mvp discussion....some media folks have already mentioned it which is important...the hype train has to build momentum and it starts today with a game that a majority of the country will get to watch by looking at the CBS coverage map...go 150 and 2 TDs then it will be on...

other part for Henry to win mvp is that Wilson, Rodgers and Mahomes each need to continue playing well to possibly divide up the votes....

It would be tough to give it to Henry based off stats when Mahomes and Rodgers are having the 2 greatest statistics seasons at QB ever.

CJ didn't win it, but our team wasn't very good that year
Man... you're right. We went 8-8 and missed the playoffs CJ2Ks big year. In my head he did it in 2008 when we went 13-3 and got upset by the ravens in the playoffs. But that was his rookie year. That was such a good team.

Not disagreeing with that... but Patrick Mahomes wasnt in the league in 2012. Nobody was putting up numbers like the top QBs are now.
Brees threw for 5100 yds and 43 tds in 2012. Manning threw for 4600 and 37 tds
I agree though Mahomes is in another world.

Not disagreeing with that... but Patrick Mahomes wasnt in the league in 2012. Nobody was putting up numbers like the top QBs are now.

I don’t disagree with you,,, most people think they should just call it the best QB award. I get what you are saying,,, but actually there were QBs putting up these kinds of numbers then. Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Romo etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back