Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me for WR and QBs the yards aren't true...QB throws for 10 and the WR takes it the rest...and vice versa...inflated stats

All Henry's yards are earned...I know its not all about yards and stats but it certainly gets looked at, hence the he needs 2k to be considered...you're right @8Bruce8 ...why?
I get your premise for QB, not for WR. They still have to run off the line to wherever the ball is thrown. You do make somewhat of a case that RB start earning yards behind the line when they get the ball. Counting those, Henry would already be over 2K but so would many other RB throughout history.

If he gets 2000 yards he should be MVP period! Only been done what 6 times and this in a passing era.
7 but 2 have already done it in the "passing era".
At least from my perspective, the passing era started after the great implementation of the Peyton Manning rule of 04'. CJ2K and AP both did it after.

I get your premise for QB, not for WR. They still have to run off the line to wherever the ball is thrown. You do make somewhat of a case that RB start earning yards behind the line when they get the ball. Counting those, Henry would already be over 2K but so would many other RB throughout history.
True about WR running the route, good point
I didn't mean a RB earning yards before the LOS but the yards after and after contact

DH2K update

324 yards away so needs to average 162 over the next 2 games....needs to bust a long one in each game and it could happen

DH2K update

324 yards away so needs to average 162 over the next 2 games....needs to bust a long one in each game and it could happen

I think it all depends on what happens in Green Bay. If the Titans upset the Packers and Colts lose Henry won’t get it. The Texans game will mean nothing so why risk major injury for 2000 yards.

I think it all depends on what happens in Green Bay. If the Titans upset the Packers and Colts lose Henry won’t get it. The Texans game will mean nothing so why risk major injury for 2000 yards.
He’s got to rush for 200+ against the Packers to have a shot. I don’t think 2000 is a priority seeing as Vrable continues to rest Henry at the end of games.

He’s got to rush for 200+ against the Packers to have a shot. I don’t think 2000 is a priority seeing as Vrable continues to rest Henry at the end of games.

Vrable understands what records mean for the players...that is why he put Henry back in against the Jags to get him to the 200 yrd mark. If Henry goes for near 150 then Vrable will tell Henry and the OL to go get that record against the Texans...that motivation would almost ensure a win against the Texans. Now I don't think he is going to pound Henry 30 carries in both games...that is why I said he would need to break a long one in each game

Vrable understands what records mean for the players...that is why he put Henry back in against the Jags to get him to the 200 yrd mark. If Henry goes for near 150 then Vrable will tell Henry and the OL to go get that record against the Texans...that motivation would almost ensure a win against the Texans. Now I don't think he is going to pound Henry 30 carries in both games...that is why I said he would need to break a long one in each game
Then why sit him in today’s game? He could have easily added another 30 yards or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back