Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me some Eddie Eddie Eddie, but he does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Just because you have great heart and leadership and left it all on the field does not qualify you for HoF.

I sure hope that Henry becomes a HoFer with the Titans!!!
Eddie has the numbers to get in some day

Just not likely to happen cause he played for the Titans

Eddie has the numbers to get in some day

Just not likely to happen cause he played for the Titans
I don’t think so Brave! I do think that many players that are in, would love to have him! EG was a special player. 3rd and 2, everyone knew 27 getting the rock- couldn’t stop it. He reminded me of #44 when he ran.

I don’t think so Brave! I do think that many players that are in, would love to have him! EG was a special player. 3rd and 2, everyone knew 27 getting the rock- couldn’t stop it. He reminded me of #44 when he ran.
He scared Ray Lewis

Thats good enough to get you in

Plus he does actually have the stats to support it

He scared Ray Lewis

Thats good enough to get you in

Plus he does actually have the stats to support it
One of Ray Lewis’ most famous moment was wrecking Eddie, same in reverse for Eddie wrecking Lewis. I hated Lewis, and still do. Arguing Eddie has the numbers, is similar to #9 having it. If #9 good enough, then open the door for KFC. I would like it, but it’s just my homerism really.

You guys might wanna look up what the HoF RBs look like

Eddie absolutely has the stats

Hes just stuck in the middle of nowhere cause he played for us at a weird time in history

I’ll eat crow for being wrong on Henry’s first two years in the league all day long.

But not giving Eddie credit for his tenure here is recency bias.

You guys might wanna look up what the HoF RBs look like

Eddie absolutely has the stats

Hes just stuck in the middle of nowhere cause he played for us at a weird time in history
That’s absolutely it.

Playing smash mouth football when the great show on turf flipped the script.
IMHO, EG deserved to be in, but I understand why he don’t at the same time.

I’ll eat crow for being wrong on Henry’s first two years in the league all day long.

But not giving Eddie credit for his tenure here is recency bias.
Who’s not giving Eddie credit? Best Titan all time. I’m eating major crow on BDH. I missed that by a mile

Ray said Eddie made him who he was so suck on that cake eater

I mean, Ray respects Eddie and can say all the nice things he wants, but it doesn't change the fact Eddie's career numbers against Ray Lewis are pretty bad. Ray Lewis was so much in Eddie's head, lets not forget the gift basket Eddie gave him in the 2000 Divisional Playoffs either... Eddie was never the same after that play.

I mean, Ray respects Eddie and can say all the nice things he wants, but it doesn't change the fact Eddie's career numbers against Ray Lewis are pretty bad. Ray Lewis was so much in Eddie's head, lets not forget the gift basket Eddie gave him in the 2000 Divisional Playoffs either... Eddie was never the same after that play.
Are you trying to get beat up right now

Eddie has the numbers, the highlights, and has an adversary like Ray Lewis to back him up.

Eddie should get serious consideration for HoF imo

One of Ray Lewis’ most famous moment was wrecking Eddie, same in reverse for Eddie wrecking Lewis. I hated Lewis, and still do. Arguing Eddie has the numbers, is similar to #9 having it. If #9 good enough, then open the door for KFC. I would like it, but it’s just my homerism really.
Yardage wise I think EG did have the numbers, TD wise is where I think he falls short.
If Kevin Dyson doesn't get tackled a yard short, I think EG is in the HoF.

That's how close I think he is. Unfortunately, SB rings matter and because of that tackle, I think he will be overlooked permanently.
Sometimes the ballots eventually look into other things like importance to a team, leadership, teammate, etc, but I see why he's not there.

That said, I don't think there are any numbers to argue for McNair.

Hard to argue how 1 LB can "own" a RB when he was also part of arguably the best overall defense in the history of the game.
Not taking away from Ray Ray, but I'd say from a head to head perspective, they were both pretty even on each other.

That hand off to Ray Lewis was both a bad play on EG and an easy play for Ray but I don't really see how that was physically Ray getting the better of EG.
That said, I agree EG wasn't the same after that play, he played harder and wanted it more based on the interactions between him and Ray afterwards.

Hard to argue how 1 LB can "own" a RB when he was also part of arguably the best overall defense in the history of the game.
Not taking away from Ray Ray, but I'd say from a head to head perspective, they were both pretty even on each other.

That hand off to Ray Lewis was both a bad play on EG and an easy play for Ray but I don't really see how that was physically Ray getting the better of EG.
That said, I agree EG wasn't the same after that play, he played harder and wanted it more based on the interactions between him and Ray afterwards.
Those two will forever be locked together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back