Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest issue with Eddie are his numbers from 2001-2004 where his best season was 2002 (343 att, 1165 yards 3.4 ypc and 12 TD). In addition his career ypc is 3.6 on over 2800 rushes and he only averaged over 4 ypc twice in his career

People forget that he had 400 carries in 2000 alone. The only season that Eddie had less than 300 carries was his final season in Dallas.

The man was a warrior, but Fisher ran Eddie into the ground. Ultimately, I think it's Fisher's overreliance on Eddie that probably keeps Eddie out of the HOF because his yardage can simply be attributed to the sheer number of carries he received year in and year out by many fans and HOF voters.

If Fisher had opened up the passing game years earlier, then Eddie's numbers would probably have been better and he may have lasted a few more seasons

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie was great! Not many running backs would return to a game with a dislocated shoulder these days! Also wasn’t it Eddie that criticized Henrys play which led to him all of a sudden catching fire and not really slowing down since?

Eddie was great! Not many running backs would return to a game with a dislocated shoulder these days! Also wasn’t it Eddie that criticized Henrys play which led to him all of a sudden catching fire and not really slowing down since?
Yes Henry was on the trading block before Eddie lit that fire in his ass

Derrick Henry called Eddie for advice

Credit to Henry

Greatest running backs in Titans history:

1. King Henry
2. CJ2K

Then 3. Eddie

Change my mind.
EG was better/more valuable than CJ2K.

CJ2K had 1 really great season. He got paid and immediately starting falling over.
EG also proved (and still proves) that he was a leader among the team, something I never heard about CJ2K.
I would say the 4-5 year run with EG was better than the 2 year run with CJ2K and a large part from EG as McNair was also often injured.

Plus, :cj:

Greatest running backs in Titans history:

1. King Henry
2. CJ2K

Then 3. Eddie

Change my mind.

statistically can’t disagree. But CJ2K had numerous tackles behind the LOS for -2 yds. He’d break one or two 40+ Yd per game.

id take Eddie over CJ2K (x one time) overall. Eddie brought swagger and toughness and with McNair, Wychek, Matthew’s, Mason on O and Bishop, Kearse, Rolle, later bulluck, Carter that was a damn good team. I have to admit Fisher chit the bed with his gameplanning with that talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back