Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atheletic has an article that says Derrick Henry is right at home. Speaking about the ravens the title says “this is where I knew I wanted to be”

I am sure that is post signing, but still, I am sure that cut Amy like a New England presser from large intimidating current advisor

The Ravens tried a couple of times to trade for Henry, Amy said no then we lose him to the Ravens in FA and get nothing in return...classic fu by Henry

LOL... we have zero idea what was offered BUT Titans dont win those late season games with Kickstand and that dude from walmart at RB

and I quite enjoyed those late season W's especially the one that denied the tarpkitties a PO spot

The Ravens tried a couple of times to trade for Henry, Amy said no then we lose him to the Ravens in FA and get nothing in return...classic fu by Henry
This is all speculation on what the trade offers were.
Even more, unless AAS already knew the forecast for Vrabel and company, there was zero reason to think they would have let Henry walk throughout all of last season. it was only after BC was hired that reality of Henry not re-signing became likely.

was their a trade offer between BC hiring and FA starting?
Probably not, or at least not a realistic offer knowing Henry probably wasn’t getting re-signed.

LOL... we have zero idea what was offered BUT Titans dont win those late season games with Kickstand and that dude from walmart at RB

and I quite enjoyed those late season W's especially the one that denied the tarpkitties a PO spot

the Jacksonville one is the only one I can remember. Besides Miami like a month before that but I don’t remember a lot of late season W’s lol

This is all speculation on what the trade offers were.
Even more, unless AAS already knew the forecast for Vrabel and company, there was zero reason to think they would have let Henry walk throughout all of last season. it was only after BC was hired that reality of Henry not re-signing became likely.

was their a trade offer between BC hiring and FA starting?
Probably not, or at least not a realistic offer knowing Henry probably wasn’t getting re-signed.
Baltimore def wanted to get Henry around mid season. They admitted they tried and Henry himself said it was really close to happening.
Eric DeCosta admits to trying to trade for Derrick Henry at 2023 midseason deadline

Baltimore def wanted to get Henry around mid season. They admitted they tried and Henry himself said it was really close to happening.
Eric DeCosta admits to trying to trade for Derrick Henry at 2023 midseason deadline
I wasn’t disagreeing that there were trade offers, we don’t know what they were.
And I was only countering the “nothing for him” that mid season or even until Vrabel was fired/BC was hired, it wouldn’t have made sense to trade him not knowing what the future would be. If Vrabel didn’t get fired, I could see him re-signed and remaining the focal point.

Besides the talent and production, let’s all give appreciation to DH22’s character too, which doesn’t get talked about enough. Never once did he complain about in public nor throw his teammates or coaching staff under the bus all those times when he wasn’t getting blocks or when he was getting taken out on third downs.

Also, that one time Spears got laid out, DH22 was the first one ready to throw hands for the guy that was set to take his spot.
He was never one to brag nor take credit. He is the kind of good person that most folks wish they could be
I never heard him say a bad word about the terrible offensive line and their rendition of blocking for him, not to mention defenses stacking the box repeatedly
Behind a good line, I don’t think there would be little doubt of him getting 1st down in three or less yards on 3rd and three or less
What an athlete! Excellent competitor! I believe he could have been very useful here but hopefully he continues to be successful ( but not his new team)
One of the few reasons to enjoy Titans football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back