Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vrabel won't get rid of his boy. We're stuck with Downing and #17 for the forseeable future.

This offense has too much talent to be this bad. Vrabel is a massive problem if he doesn't see Downing as a problem.

No way in hell we lost to a Bengals team that only generated 19 points.

A coach under the radar coached Drew Lock in college and when he was an offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Missouri, his offense finished near the top of the SEC in most of the categories passing and rushing. He's got 7 years under Saban. He's working a different coaching job in the NFL right now with the Giants. Derek Dooley.
Dooley is super smart

We all also called for Bowen’s head last season. We can only hope Vrabel brings in a “consultant” who can do what Schwartz helped do for the defense this season.

Wow.

Saffold is pretty good.

I think you should sleep on it, I'm pretty pissedoff myself.
Saffold is hurt way too much. Unfortunately, we need so many OL replaced I don’t know where you start. Jones is a keeper and I think Lewan gets back after a second year removed from the ACL injury. But, Saffold, Davis, and Quessenberry are all liabilities from time to time, either by injury or just plain suckage.

Saffold is hurt way too much. Unfortunately, we need so many OL replaced I don’t know where you start. Jones is a keeper and I think Lewan gets back after a second year removed from the ACL injury. But, Saffold, Davis, and Quessenberry are all liabilities from time to time, either by injury or just plain suckage.
Give me a counter point Sub. Don’t drop a chill pill and walk away. Do you think, based on this year’s performance that the three guys I mentioned will be better next year and if so why?

I lot of people here are giving Vrabes too much power. I think JRob saw what we saw and plays the head of household card. This offense is bad but it's not just one person no matter how much you want to put your hate on Tannehill. Our OL is average at best. Saffold needs to retire, Lewan needs to restructure. Quess shouldn't be a starting RT. Davis gets pushed around a lot. Tanne pressing a lot and making dumb decisions because he hesitates more now. We have no TE's. Downing is the common denominator.
Actually JRob is the common denominator. OL is squarely on him.

We all also called for Bowen’s head last season. We can only hope Vrabel brings in a “consultant” who can do what Schwartz helped do for the defense this season.
When your coordinators need a consultant to help them succeed, maybe you need new coordinators. Maybe even let the consultant be the coordinator. I’ve never heard of paying a coordinator and also having to pay someone else to hold their hand. That’s why this franchise can never finish the job.

But the interesting question as someone else brought up in another thread, did Vrabel bring in Schwartz or did it come from above?

Afaik neither Robinson or Vrabel have a prior connection with Schwartz but ownership has a strong connection. It could just be a coincidence.

Give me a counter point Sub. Don’t drop a chill pill and walk away. Do you think, based on this year’s performance that the three guys I mentioned will be better next year and if so why?
That's very GoT like...drops BS, Troll, Boring ratings with nothing meaningful to add

I know we are going to just keep Downing and maybe he grows into the role as a playcaller but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. While I think the OC position is a bit overratted in how an offense perform and we would probably look better with less injuries and more continuity along the OL but this kinda feels like the ceiling.

We need to start transitioning from this offensive core and I think it starts with a new OC and drafting a QB to develop behind Tannehill.

David Culley would be a good replacement for Downing. If we're rebooting the offensive coaching anyway bring in Munchek while you're at it.

I know we are going to just keep Downing and maybe he grows into the role as a playcaller but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. While I think the OC position is a bit overratted in how an offense perform and we would probably look better with less injuries and more continuity along the OL but this kinda feels like the ceiling.

We need to start transitioning from this offensive core and I think it starts with a new OC and drafting a QB to develop behind Tannehill.

David Culley would be a good replacement for Downing. If we're rebooting the offensive coaching anyway bring in Munchek while you're at it.

Why are all of you saying David Culley now? A 66 year old that’s never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL? A guy who’s only experience as an offensive coordinator was one year at Texas El Paso in 1989? I swear I don’t know where you all come up with some of these ideas.

Why are all of you saying David Culley now? A 66 year old that’s never been an offensive coordinator in the NFL? A guy who’s only experience as an offensive coordinator was one year at Texas El Paso in 1989? I swear I don’t know where you all come up with some of these ideas.

I like that he coached multiple position groups in the NFL and has had successes at multiple positions. I also like that he comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree and the fact that he isnt a hot, young up and coming OC is nice to me. I would like to keep an OC for more then a season at a time.

I like that he coached multiple position groups in the NFL and has had successes at multiple positions. I also like that he comes from the Andy Reid coaching tree and the fact that he isnt a hot, young up and coming OC is nice to me. I would like to keep an OC for more then a season at a time.
You don’t hire a guy that’s 66 that’s never been an offensive coordinator. Sorry. After that many seasons in the NFL and no one ever thought you could be coordinator should be concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back