Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see us going DL in the first round. We've got our 2 down lineman for the season in Simmons and Jones. We'll get some DL later I think probably a NT as well, but I don't think we go there in the first round. Especially if we sign Clowney we would be overcrowded on the DL if we drafted someone in the first round.

I'm honestly thinking we are going to go CB with the pick. Maybe edge if someone falls to us, but I really think CB is the way we go.

I don't think we sign clowney. If we do, obviously this mock is worthless lol. Also, corner with our first pick could very well happen, but i just believe with dline being thin and corner being deep, this is how it will play out.

For the people who think getting another dlineman isn't important, you're wrong. We played with 3 down lineman on the field a lot last year. Mack and Jack (whoever these bums are) should never see the field...ever...plus, daquon Jones is mediocre and getting old with an expiring contract.

I understand the argument that corner is a bigger need, but you're crazy if you think we're ok at dline. And no its not a "myth" that you need 3 dlineman. 34 Defense isn't just a "myth" its an actual base defense that teams have been using for many, many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way we go EDGE in the 1st after bringing in Beasley and Correa.

CB is a possibility, but there just isn't a very big difference between the guys that will realistically be available at the end of Round 1 and players that will be available on Day 2.

Which brings us back to DL. We need three "starters" if you will. Right now we have a glaring hole at RDE after the Casey trade. IMO this is the most pressing need unless the staff

A. Plan on signing Clowney and lining him up inside
B. Believe Isaiah Mack can fill the void

Couldn't have said it better.

Made one trade to move back a little from 29 and then filled every need except WR.

There are loads of affordable WR options still available in FA and with such a deep draft, I'm sure we can get a FA WR4 for a song. Maybe a Marquis Lee or Taylor Gabriel.

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 5 (LAC): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 7 (LAC): Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Ben Bartch, OT/OG, St. John's (MN) (A+)
Round 5 Pick 28: Kindle Vildor, CB, Ga. Southern (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 23: Javelin Guidry, CB, Utah (B+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (A+)

Beautiful bro

Last edited by a moderator:
The draft is deep at nickel CBs. It isn’t as deep in outside CBs. We need a starting NB now, but really need to plan for the future on the outside. But we can get a NB outside the 1st rnd

The draft has 2 stud DTs then a bunch of solid guys. We need to have a pass rushing DT to sub out Jones/Simmons. This can be found outside the 1st rnd

Even if we pick up Clowney it does not change our need for a DT

RB we need a backup to Henry...Obviously not a first rnd need

So this shows that we really are in a situation of taking BPA in the 1st.

Take highest rated CB/DT or other position if true value is to be had

Do you know where the Ravens were positioned in the draft? Just wondering if they were at the bottom of the round. If they were, those are late 2nds and a late 4th which isnt that great really. Just to think the team that made that trade could've had Lamar Jackson on their team, and now who know who the other players they got are..

I honestly believe the only way we trade back is if aj epenesa and Ross blalock are off the board. I think each of these guys would be worth that pick. There's a huge drop off in talent after them for 34 dends. Obviously, if there's a top talent that slips to us we'd have to consider them too.

We would also have to get a deal thatd be really worth it. I can't see us moving back too many picks this year because we are going to need our 1st pick to be a big contributer it seems.

You're also giving up the fifth year option by moving back, which is a factor. I bet we just make a pick.

Here is the problem going CB over OL in the first pic....after letting go Conklin and replacing him with Kelly our right side of the ball is weak. Now I'm not against Kelly stepping in, however I'm not comfortable with Nate Davis and Kelly together....our running game will take a hit, and we cannot afford for our number one weapon to regress. So in my opinion our biggest weakness is on the right side of the offensive line, and we better address that with the first pic. We can easily get a productive CB in the second, and then finish our top 3 pics with a DL....thats the most logical direction IMO.

There are only 5 impact 3-4 DE. They will all be gone by the time our second round pick arrives. Hence my belief that we replace Casey in round 1.

Again, unless there is some plan to address it in FA.

I don't think we sign clowney. If we do, obviously this mock is worthless lol. Also, corner with our first pick could very well happen, but i just believe with dline being thin and corner being deep, this is how it will play out.

For the people who think getting another dlineman isn't important, you're wrong. We played with 3 down lineman on the field a lot last year. Mack and Jack (whoever these bums are) should never see the field...ever...plus, daquon Jones is mediocre and getting old with an expiring contract.

I understand the argument that corner is a bigger need, but you're crazy if you think we're ok at dline. And no its not a "myth" that you need 3 dlineman. 34 Defense isn't just a "myth" its an actual base defense that teams have been using for many, many years.
Can you define "a lot"? I'd genuinely like to know how often we played 2vs3 DL

Here is the problem going CB over OL in the first pic....after letting go Conklin and replacing him with Kelly our right side of the ball is weak. Now I'm not against Kelly stepping in, however I'm not comfortable with Nate Davis and Kelly together....our running game will take a hit, and we cannot afford for our number one weapon to regress. So in my opinion our biggest weakness is on the right side of the offensive line, and we better address that with the first pic. We can easily get a productive CB in the second, and then finish our top 3 pics with a DL....thats the most logical direction IMO.

Give it up bro. We not drafting oline early lol

Can you define "a lot"? I'd genuinely like to know how often we played 2vs3 DL

I don't have the numbers in front of me. But another gotitan post(take it for what its worth) said we had 2 dlineman on the field 44% of defensive snaps last year. That leaves 56% of plays where we either had 1 dlineman or 3. Im willing to bet 3 dlineman were on the field close to 45% of the time. Im sure our advanced stat guy can help figure this out.

There are only 5 impact 3-4 DE. They will all be gone by the time our second round pick arrives. Hence my belief that we replace Casey in round 1.

Again, unless there is some plan to address it in FA.

Kinlaw, Epenesa, Blacklock and Jordan Elliot are the only guys id be happy with. Gallimore and Madubuike don't fit in here and Davidson is overrated(in my opinion).

I think it's unlikely we trade back, but given the right opportunity, you never know. If Epenesa, Blacklock and Elliot are on the board at 29, we would be happy af to trade back a few spots. 1 more day and we shall see!!!

Kinlaw, Epenesa, Blacklock and Jordan Elliot are the only guys id be happy with. Gallimore and Madubuike don't fit in here and Davidson is overrated(in my opinion).

I think it's unlikely we trade back, but given the right opportunity, you never know. If Epenesa, Blacklock and Elliot are on the board at 29, we would be happy af to trade back a few spots. 1 more day and we shall see!!!
Why do you say Madubuike isnt a fit?

How does Madubuike not fit??? He played every spot across the line at A&M. He is strong as an ox...31 reps at 225lbs was near tops for DL...Blacklock didn't lift for some reason....Elliott put it up 24 times.....quickness wise Madubuike ran a 4.83 which is faster than either Elliott or Blacklock....3-cone drill Madubuike was the quickest of any DL over 270lbs with a 7.31....Quez Watkins ran a 7.28 at 100lbs less

Enough of those pesky combine stats that aren't football related...let's look at real football stats

Blacklock 67 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD
Elliott 68 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF, 4 PD
Madubuike 85 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 FF, 4 PD

So how does Madubuike not fit???

8 million guaranteed on a 3 year deal....do you expect Kelly to be our starter for 3 years? If we had to bet....the Titans are drafting OL in the first 3 rounds. All I'm saying is, the OL on the board in late to early second round have impact players written all over them. The CB pool is deeper and goes into the 3rd round.

Im not talking about 3 years from now. I’m talking about this upcoming season. It’s clearly an “all in” type of season. Why would we spend a 1st on someone to sit the bench in an all in season? Doesn’t make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back