Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we sign clowney. If we do, obviously this mock is worthless lol. Also, corner with our first pick could very well happen, but i just believe with dline being thin and corner being deep, this is how it will play out.

For the people who think getting another dlineman isn't important, you're wrong. We played with 3 down lineman on the field a lot last year. Mack and Jack (whoever these bums are) should never see the field...ever...plus, daquon Jones is mediocre and getting old with an expiring contract.

I understand the argument that corner is a bigger need, but you're crazy if you think we're ok at dline. And no its not a "myth" that you need 3 dlineman. 34 Defense isn't just a "myth" its an actual base defense that teams have been using for many, many years.

No one said we are fine at DL. I said our starters are basically set.

And yeah a NT is not a starter. That’s a myth. They don’t play starter snaps. That’s just a fact.

No one said we are fine at DL. I said our starters are basically set.

And yeah a NT is not a starter. That’s a myth. They don’t play starter snaps. That’s just a fact.

Exactly. Daquon jones is our NT. We're getting our other starter tomorrow night more than likely

Simmons started the 2nd game he was available lol

Dodd wasn’t a 1st round pick. Keep trying.
Nothing to try about lol. I said he’s done it before...He has. It’s factual information. He drafted Jeff Simmons knowing he was injured and wouldn’t start early in the season if at all. They weren’t even sure and said as much. They were willing to let him sit the entire year barring his recovery. He drafted Kevin Dodd at the top of the 2nd knowing he was injured...(Kevin Dodd was a first round projection that fell due to years of production and hey...injury concerns). Not sure why you are arguing he didn’t....but whatever

Nothing to try about lol. I said he’s done it before...He has. It’s factual information. He drafted Jeff Simmons knowing he was injured and wouldn’t start early in the season if at all. They weren’t even sure and said as much. They were willing to let him sit the entire year barring his recovery. He drafted Kevin Dodd at the top of the 2nd knowing he was injured...(Kevin Dodd was a first round projection that fell due to years of production and hey...injury concerns). Not sure why you are arguing he didn’t....but whatever

He still knew Simmons would be playing(and starting) at some point in the season though. It's not like he drafted him to sit on the bench and learn all season. JR definitely wants his first couple picks to play and be impactful their first year.. He's not afraid to take a guy with injury concerns, but he's not gonna draft a guy to warm the bench either.

This is why oline on day one(and even day 2) is improbable this year

Last edited by a moderator:

But Simmons started 7 games for us last year and played in 9 games. That's half the season! If you include postseason games he started 10 games for us....

Kevin Dodd also logged a start his first year.... it's factual!

JRob has not proven to draft 1st round picks who he doesn't plan on starting right away. Simmons was going to start right away as soon as he was healthy.

When we drafted Lewan the plan wasn't to start him right away... idk how you don't understand this difference lol it's not difficult.

He still knew Simmons would be playing(and starting) at some point in the season though. It's not like he drafted him to sit on the bench and learn all season. JR definitely wants his first couple picks to play and be impactful their first year.. He's not afraid to take a guy with injury concerns, but he's not gonna draft a guy to warm the bench either.

This is why oline on day one(and even day 2) is improbable this year

Exactly lol

Not bad, not bad. REALLY hoping we can pull off some trade backs to add picks.

I know I did it in this mock but with the way the new rookie deals are setup I am almost always going to think trading out of the 1st round is a horrible move. Losing that 5th year option is HUGE. Unless it’s just a haul of picks we need to move down in round 2 to recoup

There are only 5 impact 3-4 DE. They will all be gone by the time our second round pick arrives. Hence my belief that we replace Casey in round 1.

Again, unless there is some plan to address it in FA.

Can you name them? I feel like a lot of the guys listed are more suited to be standard DT... More on the inside. Epenesa, for sure... 6'5 275.

How does Madubuike not fit??? He played every spot across the line at A&M. He is strong as an ox...31 reps at 225lbs was near tops for DL...Blacklock didn't lift for some reason....Elliott put it up 24 times.....quickness wise Madubuike ran a 4.83 which is faster than either Elliott or Blacklock....3-cone drill Madubuike was the quickest of any DL over 270lbs with a 7.31....Quez Watkins ran a 7.28 at 100lbs less

Enough of those pesky combine stats that aren't football related...let's look at real football stats

Blacklock 67 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD
Elliott 68 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF, 4 PD
Madubuike 85 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 FF, 4 PD

So how does Madubuike not fit???

I think you sold me. Apparently he might have character issues but JRob did bring him in for an interview. Who knows. NFL network has him projected in the 3rd. If he's there, for sure. Would you take him in the second?

Here is the problem going CB over OL in the first pic....after letting go Conklin and replacing him with Kelly our right side of the ball is weak. Now I'm not against Kelly stepping in, however I'm not comfortable with Nate Davis and Kelly together....our running game will take a hit, and we cannot afford for our number one weapon to regress. So in my opinion our biggest weakness is on the right side of the offensive line, and we better address that with the first pic. We can easily get a productive CB in the second, and then finish our top 3 pics with a DL....thats the most logical direction IMO.

Well you called it. I still disagree but man enough to admit when I was wrong.

I’m not a big fan of this pick but as always I hope he’s a stud. I’ll never root against a titans draft pick.

Well you called it. I still disagree but man enough to admit when I was wrong.

I’m not a big fan of this pick but as always I hope he’s a stud. I’ll never root against a titans draft pick.
There is plenty of talented players left on day 2 especially on the defensive side of the ball. Jeremy Chinn just might fall into our spot....a titans type of player. And I have him super start potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was preaching about Isaiah the last few weeks. I wasn’t surprised at all and from a value standpoint it was the right call. Kid has loads of potential and solidifies the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back