Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see us going DL in the first round. We've got our 2 down lineman for the season in Simmons and Jones. We'll get some DL later I think probably a NT as well, but I don't think we go there in the first round. Especially if we sign Clowney we would be overcrowded on the DL if we drafted someone in the first round.

I'm honestly thinking we are going to go CB with the pick. Maybe edge if someone falls to us, but I really think CB is the way we go.

We can get Darnay Holmes UCLA in the 3rd round....from 29 down to 93 there's plenty of talented CB left on the board. I personally will be shocked if we dont go OL with our first. If we trade out there will be at least 2 starting OL and DL on the board.

We can get Darnay Holmes UCLA in the 3rd round....from 29 down to 93 there's plenty of talented CB left on the board. I personally will be shocked if we dont go OL with our first. If we trade out there will be at least 2 starting OL and DL on the board.

Again why would we go OL? We aren’t drafting someone in the first round who is going to be a backup. It’s not what JRob has done since he’s been here. Maybe this year is different but it wouldn’t make sense since next year is our “all in” year.

Adoree is a potential FA. Butler might be cut next offseason. CB is a big need for this team. Our secondary got way worse when Butler went down so it’s clear we need some help there.

I think we need to draft 2 corners in this draft. We need some depth there as well as a guy who can start.
Jones would start over Kelly, and Kelly goes back to swing. Darnay Holmes in the 3rd will definitely be at the same value as picking a CB at 29, so why go CB in the first? Anyway let's see how it all falls....definitely will be interesting come Thursday.

Made one trade to move back a little from 29 and then filled every need except WR.

There are loads of affordable WR options still available in FA and with such a deep draft, I'm sure we can get a FA WR4 for a song. Maybe a Marquis Lee or Taylor Gabriel.

Your Picks:

Round 2 Pick 5 (LAC): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 7 (LAC): Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 3 Pick 29: Ben Bartch, OT/OG, St. John's (MN) (A+)
Round 5 Pick 28: Kindle Vildor, CB, Ga. Southern (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 23: Javelin Guidry, CB, Utah (B+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Steven Montez, QB, Colorado (A+)

No he hasn’t. All of JRob’s 1st round picks have played right away (exception being the Simmons injury).
Yes he has....you just said Jeff Simmons...and now we are going to debate how many times? He also drafted Kevin Dodd early knowing he was injured...

Traded with Miami, our 1st, next year's 3rd, and a 7th....got back a 2nd and 3rd.
Like everything but the kicker pick....
Made one trade to move back a little from 29 and then filled every need except WR.

There are loads of affordable WR options still available in FA and with such a deep draft, I'm sure we can get a FA WR4 for a song. Maybe a Marquis Lee or Taylor Gabriel.

Your Picks:

A little over kill on slot corners....although I like all of them....Robertson 5'8", Guidry 5'9" Vildor 5'10"....Floyd Reese was always famous for filling a need by double drafting the same position...I do like the draft though

Like everything but the kicker pick....

A little over kill on slot corners....although I like all of them....Robertson 5'8", Guidry 5'9" Vildor 5'10"....Floyd Reese was always famous for filling a need by double drafting the same position...I do like the draft though

You make a good point. Just looked at the top 25 highest graded CB's in the NFL and 21 out of 25 are 5'11" or taller. The vast majority of the top 50 are 6'0" or taller.

Trading out of the 1st into the early 2nd should net us a 3rd round pick at least. Not just a 5th.

B/R suggests this trade which I would take:

Titans Trade Round 1 Pick in 2020 (No. 29 Overall) to Cleveland Browns for Round 2 Pick in 2020 (No. 41 Overall), Round 3 Pick in 2020 (No. 74 Overall) and Round 5 Pick in 2021.

That seems incredibly low for moving back 12 spots. I would expect at least a 3rd in 2021.

I may be alone, but I would be disappointed if the first three rounds for the Titans went this way.

29. CB JEFF GLADNEY, TCU
61. S TERRELL BURGESS, UTAH
93. WR JAUAN JENNINGS, TENNESSEE

Three-round PFF Analyst Mock Draft: Tua Tagovailoa goes No. 2 overall to Washington, Chargers snag Jordan Love in Round 3 | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

That would be disappointing to say the least. I like Gladney, but not at 29. Don't know much about Burgess since Safety isn't a pressing need. I love JJ, but there's good WRs in every round of this draft. I've narrowed in on Quez Watkins as my guy, and he'll be available in round 5 or later.

Gladney at 1 is okay. That seems to be when he'll be taken. So we better be ready for that possibility.

Safety at 2 and Jennings at 3 would be a nightmare.

Jones would start over Kelly, and Kelly goes back to swing. Darnay Holmes in the 3rd will definitely be at the same value as picking a CB at 29, so why go CB in the first? Anyway let's see how it all falls....definitely will be interesting come Thursday.

So we paid $7 million for Kelly to be a backup??

Yes he has....you just said Jeff Simmons...and now we are going to debate how many times? He also drafted Kevin Dodd early knowing he was injured...

Simmons would have started day 1 if he wasn’t injured.... name a 1st round pick that didn’t start their first year under JRob. Go ahead I’ll wait.

Gladney at 1 is okay. That seems to be when he'll be taken. So we better be ready for that possibility.

Safety at 2 and Jennings at 3 would be a nightmare.
Yeah, I was reacting to 2nd and 3rd mostly. Gladney is a nice player, just wish he was a few inches taller.

So we paid $7 million for Kelly to be a backup??
8 million guaranteed on a 3 year deal....do you expect Kelly to be our starter for 3 years? If we had to bet....the Titans are drafting OL in the first 3 rounds. All I'm saying is, the OL on the board in late to early second round have impact players written all over them. The CB pool is deeper and goes into the 3rd round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simmons would have started day 1 if he wasn’t injured.... name a 1st round pick that didn’t start their first year under JRob. Go ahead I’ll wait.
Jeffrey Simmons....not until way late...and Kevin bum ass Dodd was drafted with little experience and a known injury.

Your Picks:

This would be pretty sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back