Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of new mock drafts below. Interesting. As a side note, one site has us taking this big mofo Isaiah Wilson at tackle. He’s 6’6 350 and plays angry. That could be real interesting if he falls....He seems to fit our mentality.

Jeremiah mock draft 3.0: Dolphins pass on Tua - NFL.com

2020 NFL Mock Draft: Six first-round trades as two teams jump for QBs while Jets swing two deals

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...ots-joe-burrow-chase-young-draft-order-040720

2020 Mock Draft Comment

Too many glaring needs to draft a OT. I swear most the mock guys must be clueless. If u actually project us to get an OT with our 1st pick right now, you're an idiot. Same can be said if you project us to get a WR in the 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many glaring needs to draft a OT. I swear most the mock guys must be clueless. If u actually project us to get an OT with our 1st pick right now, you're an idiot. Same can be said if you project us to get a WR in the 1st.
Listen I get it. If we are talking “Need” I would easily say DL, CB, even RB are all big needs.

I think OT slots really well for our pick. And I don't think many see Kelly as solution at RT. Especially with how valuable he has been as a swing 6th guy.

I'd rather see D, but if Andrew Thomas is there, we probably need to take Andrew Thomas.

I think OT slots really well for our pick. And I don't think many see Kelly as solution at RT. Especially with how valuable he has been as a swing 6th guy.

I'd rather see D, but if Andrew Thomas is there, we probably need to take Andrew Thomas.
Yeah I agree. I think we take one if a premier tackle falls. What will be interesting is if let’s say we go elsewhere with the #1 and a guy is falling. Isaiah Wilson is the guy I mentioned who seemed to fit as a true RT that may fall to the early second. Do we trade up if so?

I think it's a really tough and interesting question what our biggest need is currently. I'd put CB higher except there are plenty of quality FA still available. Henry and CD situations factor into those positions a good bit.

I'd say:
1. OL (RG, RT)
2. DT
3. RB
4. QB2
5. WR
6. CB
7. K

I think it's a really tough and interesting question what our biggest need is currently. I'd put CB higher except there are plenty of quality FA still available. Henry and CD situations factor into those positions a good bit.

I'd say:
1. OL (RG, RT)
2. DT
3. RB
4. QB2
5. WR
6. CB
7. K

We currently don't have a number 3 or 4 corner. Corner is on top of the list.

Also, we paid kelly 8 million a year for a reason, and nate Davis was great as a rookie. Oline is not our #1 need.

We currently don't have a number 3 or 4 corner. Corner is on top of the list.

Also, we paid kelly 8 million a year for a reason, and nate Davis was great as a rookie. Oline is not our #1 need.
Yea, I agree it's a high priority. It just seems like we should have no problem filling it with the free agent landscape

All valid points. Here is the thing, what positions matter most? I think many would argue OL depth being important due to us being run heavy, and signing Tannehill long term. Then you take QB 2...What if Tannehill goes down?....Then RB, sure, we keep Henry happy, but we have nobody to spell him right now, nobody to replace him if he gets hurt which is huge; and also bringing in young talent will keep him hungry. LB/S is huge in our defense as well, so I wouldn’t count either of them out. It really is a crazy offseason for the Titans.

Cheers to that. I think we will go dline and then corner, taking advantage of the deep corner class by waiting and getting a good one similar to how we got aj brown last year.

Dline just too thin and too big a need.

DL is very deep this yr with athletic 300lbers...they actually set a record at the combine with the most ever guys running sub 5 40yd....honestly Elliott is my 12th rated DT....

CB right now is our biggest need...slot CB is basically a starting position and we don’t have one and we really don’t have any backups for the outside spots.....I think we need to draft a CB early that can compete for outside starter/backup reps and then draft a slot CB later in the draft....Adoree will need to sign a big contract soon and Butler is over paid and would save 10mil against the cap if cut after this yr.....we need another starter outside in a big way....

Although CB is pretty deep I like the DT depth more....in mock simulations if I don’t take a cb in the 1st oftentimes by our pick in the 2nd most of the guys I’d consider as outside starter type are gone...plenty of slot guys available though.

our moves in fa between now and draft will certainly impact our need...if we land Clowney then that takes DL and Edge down a notch...to truly get to BPA we need to sign a CB before the draft

DL is very deep this yr with athletic 300lbers...they actually set a record at the combine with the most ever guys running sub 5 40yd....honestly Elliott is my 12th rated DT....

CB right now is our biggest need...slot CB is basically a starting position and we don’t have one and we really don’t have any backups for the outside spots.....I think we need to draft a CB early that can compete for outside starter/backup reps and then draft a slot CB later in the draft....Adoree will need to sign a big contract soon and Butler is over paid and would save 10mil against the cap if cut after this yr.....we need another starter outside in a big way....

Although CB is pretty deep I like the DT depth more....in mock simulations if I don’t take a cb in the 1st oftentimes by our pick in the 2nd most of the guys I’d consider as outside starter type are gone...plenty of slot guys available though.

our moves in fa between now and draft will certainly impact our need...if we land Clowney then that takes DL and Edge down a notch...to truly get to BPA we need to sign a CB before the draft

While I agree on your take about our bpa situation..or lack thereof, we'll have to agree to disagree about the dline depth. I see about 4 or 5 guys that will be successful at disrupting plays in the NFL.

Also, it can be argued either way about whether dline or corner is our biggest need. Some will say a 3rd corner isn't that important. Some will say a 3rd d lineman isnt that important. The reality is that they are both extremely important, and if we don't make any more free agency signings we will have to rely on our 1st two picks to fill those spots. Then you have to take into account depth at the positions.

And don't take my word for it on Elliot. Nfl.com and PFF have much smarter people than me analyzing these guys.

All valid points. Here is the thing, what positions matter most? I think many would argue OL depth being important due to us being run heavy, and signing Tannehill long term. Then you take QB 2...What if Tannehill goes down?....Then RB, sure, we keep Henry happy, but we have nobody to spell him right now, nobody to replace him if he gets hurt which is huge; and also bringing in young talent will keep him hungry. LB/S is huge in our defense as well, so I wouldn’t count either of them out. It really is a crazy offseason for the Titans.

"Oline depth" if we're talking about depth, why not then project us to get a backup qb with our 1st pick? Nobody drafts for depth if their best nickel corner and starting defensive end were on the practice squad last year. I get where you're coming from, oline is important, and depth is great if u can afford that luxury. My point is right now, at this moment in time, we cannot afford that luxury, atleast not with our first couple picks.

Now, if we sign logan Ryan or j clowney in the coming days, obviously we will have to revisit this conversation, but as of now this is our situation.

Until then ill be fantasizing about AJ Epenesa and Cam Dantzler in Titans jerseys next season.

Great grade from PFF. Chance to fall to us in 2nd due to poor 40 time at combine. Sound like a 2nd rd pick from recent memory??? he and jeffrey simmons on the same defense for years to come...:thumbsup:

"Oline depth" if we're talking about depth, why not then project us to get a backup qb with our 1st pick? Nobody drafts for depth if their best nickel corner and starting defensive end were on the practice squad last year. I get where you're coming from, oline is important, and depth is great if u can afford that luxury. My point is right now, at this moment in time, we cannot afford that luxury, atleast not with our first couple picks.

Now, if we sign logan Ryan or j clowney in the coming days, obviously we will have to revisit this conversation, but as of now this is our situation.

Until then ill be fantasizing about AJ Epenesa and Cam Dantzler in Titans jerseys next season.

I do agree with you that their aren't a bunch of DL that can stack the run and get after the passer, but I think that their are plenty of guys who will make great rotational guys who can be disruptive shooting gaps on passing downs....we have our run stuffers in Jones and Simmons...neither of them are great pass rushers. We need an inside guy who can get after the QB.....I really like Gallimore, Blacklock, Kinlaw, Madubuike, Agim, Davidson, and the Davis brothers for that guy who can get after the passer from the inside....I think some of these guys will benefit from playing in a rotation unlike in college where they played a ton of snaps. I like Epenesa, Greenard, Strowbridge and Zuniga as more Clowney type role guys...then guys like Highsmith and Tuszka as pure 3-4OLBers

What do you like about Dantzler so much....he must play faster than he ran at the combine because I don't like my CBs running 4.65. I certainly don't see a 6'2" slow footed DB being our answer in the slot. We need speed in the slot that is how teams killed Ryan last yr when he had to cover man to man out of the slot and try and chase those fast guys across the field.

I do agree with you that their aren't a bunch of DL that can stack the run and get after the passer, but I think that their are plenty of guys who will make great rotational guys who can be disruptive shooting gaps on passing downs....we have our run stuffers in Jones and Simmons...neither of them are great pass rushers. We need an inside guy who can get after the QB.....I really like Gallimore, Blacklock, Kinlaw, Madubuike, Agim, Davidson, and the Davis brothers for that guy who can get after the passer from the inside....I think some of these guys will benefit from playing in a rotation unlike in college where they played a ton of snaps. I like Epenesa, Greenard, Strowbridge and Zuniga as more Clowney type role guys...then guys like Highsmith and Tuszka as pure 3-4OLBers

What do you like about Dantzler so much....he must play faster than he ran at the combine because I don't like my CBs running 4.65. I certainly don't see a 6'2" slow footed DB being our answer in the slot. We need speed in the slot that is how teams killed Ryan last yr when he had to cover man to man out of the slot and try and chase those fast guys across the field.

Dantzler is a really good football player. He shut down LSUs star studded WRs (unlike aj terrell and Trevon Diggs who got absolutely torched by them). He's a great tackler for as lanky as he is. He can man up bigger wrs. We will have to play alot of zone against fast teams like kc anyways and dantzler really excels in zone.

When you watch him, it looks like the opposing teams game plan to avoid him. They rarely test him, and when they do it doesn't work out in their favor usually.

I almost didn't even watch him because of his 40 time, but im glad i did. He's pffs 4th ranked corner. Plus, you gotta love them Mississippi State boys. They some dogs down there. I was really interested in taking a chance on a guy like diggs or aj Terrell, but after watching dantzler, it's not even close for me.

Butler would play the slot more in this scenario i would think(where he'd probably be better off anyways with quicker wrs). Also, logan ryan wasnt the problem against kc...the fact that we had no pass rush was the main problem. The fact that tremaine brock was on the field was our 2nd biggest problem. R Evans playing through an injury didn't help either.

I just like dantzler as a player, and i think he would bring a new dynamic to our secondary. Adoree will cover the fast dudes, cam covers the big dudes...i think it would work nicely.

I find the info here interesting...I know it is strictly stats and says nothing about what type of football people are, but it does give you some indication of overall athleticsm......Dantzer is way on down the list

I like Ojemudia from Iowa....they seem to produce some pretty good DBs and he has played with Hooker

RAS2020 Cornerback Draft Class RAS

I find the info here interesting...I know it is strictly stats and says nothing about what type of football people are, but it does give you some indication of overall athleticsm......Dantzer is way on down the list

I like Ojemudia from Iowa....they seem to produce some pretty good DBs and he has played with Hooker

RAS2020 Cornerback Draft Class RAS

I used to take alot of stock in combine performances...eventually you realize how overrated "measurables" are. Ill take a good football player with solid tape over a good 40 time any day.

Go watch aj Terrell(4.4) vs lsu and then watch cam dantzler(4.6) vs lsu and tell me aj terrell is a better player than dantzler.

A perfect pick for Robinson would be Bryce Hall from UVA....kid missed most of the year with an ankle injury....we know JRob loves those injured players.

I think Hall has the skills to start in the slot right away and then move outside if needed. He is very physical in run support and is a good blitzer. He lead the NCAA in 2018 in pass breakups with 22. Was a projected 1st rnder before the injury.

A perfect pick for Robinson would be Bryce Hall from UVA....kid missed most of the year with an ankle injury....we know JRob loves those injured players.

I think Hall has the skills to start in the slot right away and then move outside if needed. He is very physical in run support and is a good blitzer. He lead the NCAA in 2018 in pass breakups with 22. Was a projected 1st rnder before the injury.

That's the thing I was saying earlier, there's so many good looking corners to choose from in that rd 2-3 range...we will probably be better off waiting till our 2nd pick to get one...i think jrob will be able to snipe a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back