Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way we paid Kelly $7m a year to sit on the bench after we draft a tackle in the first round.
Yea I agree. I wasnt saying OL was our biggest need to say that it needs to be our first round pick, but I do think it is crucial to improve our OL group (depth at least). I believe as it currently stands, our offense would be screwed if any of our starting five got hurt. That wasnt the case when Kelly was a backup.

This is probably going to be the last mock I post. I feel really good about this one. View attachment 17368

Side note on OT Cameron Clark. He went to Charlotte And played on the same offensive line as Nate Davis. I only picked him here because of that fact and because he was the best available tackle. I looked him up afterwards and watched some tape and the dude is an absolute terror as a run blocker. He had multiple pancake blocks against Clemson this year. I actually remember him sticking out to me last year when i watched nate Davis. He's just so big and powerful its hard not to notice. He's definitely not as athletic as you'd like your tackle to be, but i think if put on a proper diet with proper coaching, that can be addressed. You can't coach the kind of power he has though. Or his intelligence(3.7 GPA, deans list). I could see him possibly taking over Dennis Kelly's previous role here. Plus, the thought of him and nate Davis bulldozing folks on the right side of our line for years to come is a fun thought. Chemistry on the oline does matter quite a bit after all. In reality, it will take him alot of time and hard work to turn into a starting OT in the league, but hey, you can't expect 5th rd picks to be perfect...is it the perfect pick though? Maybe...just maybe...

I'm in love with all these picks i just made apart from the qb, but we need a guy to compete for the backup spot regardless...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just playing Devils advocate. So if we grab Clowney like people are saying now (again)...Then one would think DL isn’t as important early which opens the door for CB/OL/RB much more right? Could even open up TE at some point. I know we signed Pruitt and Firk, but they are 1 year deals correct?

I’m just playing Devils advocate. So if we grab Clowney like people are saying now (again)...Then one would think DL isn’t as important early which opens the door for CB/OL/RB much more right? Could even open up TE at some point. I know we signed Pruitt and Firk, but they are 1 year deals correct?

Definitely... If we get Clowney that changes everything.

pick up Clowney and a slot CB and we are set to draft BPA....which obviously should be every GMs goal going into the draft...

I think Clowney is in the bag at this point. The question is, do they feel highly enough of Beasley and others to cover the rest so they don’t have to draft edge in the first.....Personally, I’m fine with getting another edge. Having fresh legs is key, but my gut says if they lock up Clowney, they go elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks amazing. Don't think much any of those guys will be there for that pick, but that would be some nice talent. I love Aiyuk.
I don't expect them to be there either. We would win the draft if the first 2 picks are right. Runyan and Watkins would be excellent late round picks also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back