Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were excited Schwartz was coming back because of the 2008 D.

We don’t have the same dominant roster that was around then and teams have adjusted to a straight forward 4-3 approach which is a Schwartz specialty.

I think Lebeau brought the best Defensive strategy but didn’t have the personnel to do anything with it as the team transitioned from 4-3 to 3-4.

Defenses all around the league have gotten a lot more creative to the point it’s almost impossible to determine what “type” of D they run.

Fully agree, something needs to change there but pass rush helps the DB.
Yeah, if the rush can unsettle the QB, DB has a much easier time. I couldn't believe how much time Goff was getting last night! We ain't seen anything like that protection forever.

It's not like he's going to tell the media "I'm firing Todd's arse tomorrow."

He's got to make it look like he's going through an extensive evaluation of Downing so he doesn't look knee-jerk to future OC candidates.

I do as well. Vrabes is doing the best he can to not make it so obvious.
What's the point in that? There is none. How many times as Titans fans have we heard that the team was doing EXTENSIVE evaluations on potential hires for positions open with in the organization? Only for them just to hire from within. Vrabel is making sound like he's grilling these guys but reality is he's not firing anyone, but if he does it will be some low level assistants.

What's the point in that? There is none. How many times as Titans fans have we heard that the team was doing EXTENSIVE evaluations on potential hires for positions open with in the organization? Only for them just to hire from within. Vrabel is making sound like he's grilling these guys but reality is he's not firing anyone, but if he does it will be some low level assistants.
This is where I will be pissed if he does fire say Downing, and they just promote the TE coach to OC again. Again, internal hires are good for an organization, but that doesn't really work that great in football matters. If I hear the word "continuity" all offseason as it relates to new hires, I'll probably off myself.

Every other team is firing folks...

Kind of worried we might be stuck with Downing and the rest of the crap staff.
This is how we always get stuck with the bottom of the barrel candidates. Dragging our feet in the name of "evaluation".

As soon as that clock hit 00:00 in the fourth quarter Saturday night, they should of already known if they were going to fire people.

Every other team is firing folks...

Kind of worried we might be stuck with Downing and the rest of the crap staff.
I think placing the blame on JR left the door open for Vrabel to keep this motley crew of coaches. Wouldn’t be the lest surprised to see it play out that way. I hope not, but… I also want to see Daley on toilet duty asap and off our roster.

Revised: hot dawg!!!!! Got rid of the three I thought were the worst. SO glad to see Midget gone. He was dreadful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back