Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your QB throws 3 of 3 and a TD on the play action first 3 play action passes of the evening. So naturally you stop going to the playaction pass for much of the second half, and use the most predictable offense imaginable.

Fire him.

If he does, which I dont think he will, I will be 100% on the fire Vrabel train. At that point he is just wasting my time.
After being the number one seed going into the playoffs last season, I don't blame Vrabel for sticking with Downing this season, even though I believe he was mediocre and predictable at best last season. After dropping 7 games in a row and 10 overall this season, I fully expect Vrabel to make a change. If he doesn't, then he needs to go. Mularkey got canned for sticking with Robiskie after posting a winning record in his last season here.

Vrabel will take his time and “evaluate” and meet with all the coaches. It won’t be quick and probably no sooner than the end of next week if he does it. Monday is meaningless so don’t get too up or down if nothing happens Monday.

It would not surprise me if they keep Downing and go after Derek Carr at QB...such a Titans thing to do
If we sign Derek Carr I'm locking all my titans jerseys away and supporting the Chargers for a year or 2. No fucking way any organisation signs him thinking he's the solution and if they do there fucked.

We talk a lot about the offense...but what about the defensive coordinator? Is the terrible pass defense on him or are the players just that bad? No matter who is on the field, they never seem to be in position to make plays other that watch the guy catch it and tackle them.

We talk a lot about the offense...but what about the defensive coordinator? Is the terrible pass defense on him or are the players just that bad? No matter who is on the field, they never seem to be in position to make plays other that watch the guy catch it and tackle them.

Exactly this !

We always seem to be last or at the bottom of pass defense. The opposite team always has receivers running open.

Vrabel will take his time and “evaluate” and meet with all the coaches. It won’t be quick and probably no sooner than the end of next week if he does it. Monday is meaningless so don’t get too up or down if nothing happens Monday.
Evaluate what? Your team lost 7 straight and loss the division and a playoff birth. The team was horrible in every aspect towards the end of the season, offense, defense, and special teams. Vrabel is just an idiot staring at the Sun on game days, he's officially cooked.

People were excited Schwartz was coming back because of the 2008 D.

We don’t have the same dominant roster that was around then and teams have adjusted to a straight forward 4-3 approach which is a Schwartz specialty.

I think Lebeau brought the best Defensive strategy but didn’t have the personnel to do anything with it as the team transitioned from 4-3 to 3-4.

Defenses all around the league have gotten a lot more creative to the point it’s almost impossible to determine what “type” of D they run.

Fully agree, something needs to change there but pass rush helps the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back