Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always seem to bounce back well after a brutal loss under Vrabel. Expect the same thing here. Might not win but we will play better for sure.

This will be a tough game, Pats seem to be picking up steam. So far, Vrabel is 2-0 against the Pats. He seems to really know how to read what Belicheat wants to do and beating him at his own game.

This is the type of game we tend to win. Even if we don’t, I think we’re in this one down to the wire. I don’t expect a chit show like we always produce against the bottom feeder teams.

The slow start thing still bothers me. IMO an OC has two primary jobs. To develop a plan that results in early scores to cause the opponent to react and alter their plans, and to adjust in game to capitalize on what the Defense is giving us. If we are only getting one of those from our OC, they are only good at half of their job

Is anybody coming back from injury this week? That's the first step in the game plan on both sides of the ball.
Evans practiced last week. Hopefully he will be back. I think we are looking at the week after the bye to get most guys back. Julio and bud should be eligible then and a lot of nagging stuff will fade from others.

Rank
Tennessee Titans
OFFENSE
Tennessee was going to face this problem sooner or later. You lose Derrick Henry and Julio Jones for prolonged stretches, and your offense is going to suffer. That's what we saw on Sunday, when the Texans trounced Tennessee, turned quarterback Ryan Tannehill into a turnover machine and reminded us that Titans running back Adrian Peterson really is 36 years old. It wasn't just that the Titans looked flat in what should've been an easy win. It's that they dropped that contest just as a road game with the New England Patriots -- a team that actually has an elite defense -- is coming up next.

The slow start thing still bothers me. IMO an OC has two primary jobs. To develop a plan that results in early scores to cause the opponent to react and alter their plans, and to adjust in game to capitalize on what the Defense is giving us. If we are only getting one of those from our OC, they are only good at half of their job

We aren’t getting either from Downing. Haven’t all season. The team has won in spite of terrible offense. Our entire offense to start the season was to run Derrick Henry into the ground to the point he could no longer play. That’s not an offensive coordinator, that’s a guy latching onto a superstar, trying it ride his coattails to success.
https://twitter.com/austinstanley81/status/1462608543765483520?s=21

No excuses, other teams are dealing with injuries, Cleveland lost Chubb and Hunt and Johnson filled in with big games, SF lost RBs and Eli Mitchell filled in with decent games

Peterson is older, out of the game for a bit..but Foreman should be having bigger games. Our OL is pathetic for the talent in it and Tannehill and AJ need to step up as well

No excuses, other teams are dealing with injuries, Cleveland lost Chubb and Hunt and Johnson filled in with big games, SF lost RBs and Eli Mitchell filled in with decent games

Peterson is older, out of the game for a bit..but Foreman should be having bigger games. Our OL is pathetic for the talent in it and Tannehill and AJ need to step up as well
No other team is as decimated as we are with injuries so not sure how that’s an excuse. I mean we are about to shatter the record for most players used in a season. Our other problem is Downing is an absolute joke of a offense coordinator

Dontrell Hilliard > Darington Evans
Hilliard vs Texans
10 tgts 8 rec 47 yds
7 rsh 35yds 5.0 y/a
3 kr 65yds 21.7 y/rt
147 total yards

Buh bye Evans

It is interesting that we lead the league in TDs on our first 2nd half possession, but struggle opening the game.

I'm shocked that the line is as close as it is....my expectation is that it will get bigger once injury reports are made available.

With our lack of offensive weapons, it will be very very hard to put up points. The defense is gonna have to win this one for us, but my fear is that they will have to play soooo many plays that they will wear down late in the game.

If the coaches can't adjust for backups they shouldn't be coaching

Yea because having better players isn't a factor in the NFL. Got it. AJ Brown had 5 catches for 48 yards when he went out hurt. Minus Julio and Johnson we were down to our 4th, 5th and 6th WRs out there plus no Derrick Henry. But hey, a good coach should still be just as effective. Got it.

Yea because having better players isn't a factor in the NFL. Got it. AJ Brown had 5 catches for 48 yards when he went out hurt. Minus Julio and Johnson we were down to our 4th, 5th and 6th WRs out there plus no Derrick Henry. But hey, a good coach should still be just as effective. Got it.
My god, you love putting words in the mouth of other posters, don't you? He said "adjust" not "be as productive".

Dontrell Hilliard > Darington Evans
Hilliard vs Texans
10 tgts 8 rec 47 yds
7 rsh 35yds 5.0 y/a
3 kr 65yds 21.7 y/rt
147 total yards

Buh bye Evans
Doesn’t take much to be greater than Evans honestly playing one offensive series without injury gave him more production than Evan’s has had in his career. Hillard did look impressive though.

No other team is as decimated as we are with injuries so not sure how that’s an excuse. I mean we are about to shatter the record for most players used in a season. Our other problem is Downing is an absolute joke of a offense coordinator
Freeman is not Henry but if any RB he should fit the same role...we have the most injuries is an excuse. Next man up speaks volumes for our depth, Downing hasn't been great true, but neither has Tannehill or the OL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back