Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont hold your newness to being a Titan fan against you. It is great we are getting new fans... but, to spare you some heartache... throughout the history of the Tennessee Franchise, we always drop the ball at the worst possible times, usually in the worst possible ways. It is just a part of being a Titan fan.

Yea.. so once again one of you is horribly wrong. I’ve live in Houston and have lived in Nashville. I am NOT a new Titan fan. I’ve been watching this team all my life. I regularly played golf with ex players and have been on the sidelines of games.
That’s why I call some of you bad fans. You think your expectations of bad things makes you realistic or more knowledgeable. It doesn’t. This current team has NOTHING in common with teams from the past like 1992 Buffalo debacle team. You guys are quick to bring up when this or that happened but you don’t bring up the positive things that have happened in franchise history.

Am I a homer. Hell yes. It’s my team. We are supposed to be. But I see what’s wrong with this team. But some of you say stupid things like it’s just the Titans, it’s what they do. guess what Einstein, every NFL team has chit the bed.

If I state the reason why I think this team will win or why I think they should win it doesn’t make me a homer. I usually have some facts to back up MY OPINION. You guys Don’t. You just say it’s what they do. Don’t project own insecurities on everyone else. You wanna live life half empty do it, I choose not to. If the Titans lose they do. Is your life changed? Chill have some fun. If you aren’t having fun with this team find another one.

Once again... the Titans offense is way to much for the Jags defense tomorrow. Let’s see who is right.

Yea.. so once again one of you is horribly wrong. I’ve live in Houston and have lived in Nashville. I am NOT a new Titan fan. I’ve been watching this team all my life. I regularly played golf with ex players and have been on the sidelines of games.
That’s why I call some of you bad fans. You think your expectations of bad things makes you realistic or more knowledgeable. It doesn’t. This current team has NOTHING in common with teams from the past like 1992 Buffalo debacle team. You guys are quick to bring up when this or that happened but you don’t bring up the positive things that have happened in franchise history.

Am I a homer. Hell yes. It’s my team. We are supposed to be. But I see what’s wrong with this team. But some of you say stupid things like it’s just the Titans, it’s what they do. guess what Einstein, every NFL team has chit the bed.

If I state the reason why I think this team will win or why I think they should win it doesn’t make me a homer. I usually have some facts to back up MY OPINION. You guys Don’t. You just say it’s what they do. Don’t project own insecurities on everyone else. You wanna live life half empty do it, I choose not to. If the Titans lose they do. Is your life changed? Chill have some fun. If you aren’t having fun with this team find another one.

Once again... the Titans offense is way to much for the Jags defense tomorrow. Let’s see who is right.

Damn right the Titans are going to win tomorrow!!!! It will not even be close my friend. This is the time of year when Henry feasts on Jag bones!!!! Look for a record breaking yards gained from him!!!! Our defense will turn the beat around real soon!!!! Titans win!!!! Huge margin!!!! Jags suck!!!! Titan Up!!!!! We beat them so bad Mark Brunelleschi will feel it!!!!!

Titans 800
Hags 3

We allow Mark Burrell to come in and kick an unattested field goal because it’s Christmas

The more things change the more things stay the same.
I'm still pissed about the cleveland game from 89'. Last week of the season at hou, win the game and we win the Central Division ... Gave that game away but we still hosted a home playoff game against the stoolers ... Gave that game away also.

Oilers fan since 76'.

And the game before that the Oilers got the shit kicked out of them by Sam Wyche and the Bengals 61-7

Everybody hated Glanville in that division, but true to his word, they tried to beat the crap out of everyone.

Oilers fan since 88'

Last edited by a moderator:
And the game before that the Oilers got the **** kicked out of them by Sam Wyche and the Bengals 61-7

Everybody hated Glanville in that division, but true to his word, they tried to beat the crap out of everyone.

Oilers fan since 88'

Yeah that Bengals game still gives me nightmares.

We are going to have to bring our A game tomorrow. The jags play hard and that running back scares me. We cant let chark get going and they got some weapons. We should win and that is what concerns me!

I wonder how many teams with a good offense and bad defense have won a super bowl?
I remember several seasons when the defense was great but offense is lacking

I don't believe any team with a bad defense has ever won.
The defense has to be good at something to win a championship. It doesn't need to be the '85 Bears. Create turnovers at a ridiculous rate. Rush the passer better than anyone else. Stop the run. It needs to be able to take something away from the other team.

We can't provide any type of resistance at all.

I still wake up in the middle of the night from the Jim Kelly Bills team that mounted that come back in the playoffs.
It was Frank Reich. Oilers actually injured Jim Kelly the week before when the Oilers won the week 17 regular season matchup.

I still wake up in the middle of the night from the Jim Kelly Bills team that mounted that come back in the playoffs.

Except it wasn’t Kelly and that’s what makes it worse. It was Frank Reich at QB that day. The Oilers were the best team in the NFL that year and probably win the SB if they don’t crap that game away. That game sealed the Oilers fate becoming the Titans.

Except it wasn’t Kelly and that’s what makes it worse. It was Frank Reich at QB that day. The Oilers were the best team in the NFL that year and probably win the SB if they don’t crap that game away. That game sealed the Oilers fate becoming the Titans.
exactly. I felt the same way that season. We were the best team in my mind and that should have been our superbowl year.

exactly. I felt the same way that season. We were the best team in my mind and that should have been our superbowl year.
Then 99' and 00' and 09' all happened. Some really good teams that were SB caliber but S**t the bed in the post season somewhere. (I wouldn't say that about the 99' season, Rams were really good too and we took them to the wire.

Oilers had a couple other seasons that were really good and just fell short. 79' (I wasn't born yet, but I am aware of the Renfro "catch").

78 and 79 2nd best teams those years. Steelers were just better. But Renfro did catch that ball. There are a Steelers fans who still claim it ain’t a catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back