Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston gonna rest deshaun though right? I mean boy nearly gets injured and it's really in Texans best interest to lose and not risk their franchise qb.

I get everyone else needs to turn up to show off their skills for if they get cut and that. But Watsons going nowhere and obrien ain't there no more so they ain't gonna risk him blowing his acl surely?

Houston gonna rest deshaun though right? I mean boy nearly gets injured and it's really in Texans best interest to lose and not risk their franchise qb.

I get everyone else needs to turn up to show off their skills for if they get cut and that. But Watsons going nowhere and obrien ain't there no more so they ain't gonna risk him blowing his acl surely?

Why would it be their best interest to lose? It's not like they have a 1st round pick this year.

Why would it be their best interest to lose? It's not like they have a 1st round pick this year.
Or 2nd. They have no reason to tank. Who knows if they want to just try to avoid injury, or see what they have in a backup. Although McCarron is not an unknown at this point.

Yep they will no doubt trade JJ this off season, they need picks
For sure. They better find somewhere he wants to go though. JJ has a lot of power in this situation bc he will have to agree to restructure his contract with whoever trades for him. No one is trading anything for a 1 year $17.5m contract.
It's that, or they cut him and he picks where he goes. And he knows it.

For sure. They better find somewhere he wants to go though. JJ has a lot of power in this situation bc he will have to agree to restructure his contract with whoever trades for him. No one is trading anything for a 1 year $17.5m contract.
It's that, or they cut him and he picks where he goes. And he knows it.
He may restructure to play with his brothers in Pittsburgh

So much media talk of us 'ensuring we're ready for the playoffs.' We need to actually get there! Frustrating how other recent results (mainly Gruden being a moron) mean we're still not in yet - I can easily see a situation where Miami beats a resting Bills team and Baltimore will crush Cincy. Colts aren't losing to the Jags either realistically so the more I think about it, the likelier it is a must win match up for us.

We are 5-5 last 10 games with a genuinely terrible defense. Watson will shred this defense again like last time and like every competent QB has. We only squeaked out the win against them last time - I think Titans will have to put up >35 points to have a chance and our kicker is out too... I'm nervous.

So much media talk of us 'ensuring we're ready for the playoffs.' We need to actually get there! Frustrating how other recent results (mainly Gruden being a moron) mean we're still not in yet - I can easily see a situation where Miami beats a resting Bills team and Baltimore will crush Cincy. Colts aren't losing to the Jags either realistically so the more I think about it, the likelier it is a must win match up for us.

We are 5-5 last 10 games with a genuinely terrible defense. Watson will shred this defense again like last time and like every competent QB has. We only squeaked out the win against them last time - I think Titans will have to put up >35 points to have a chance and our kicker is out too... I'm nervous.

I stated earlier that this game has all the "fixings" of a trap game ... Still like the life long Homer that I am , I believe that we'll win this game and end our season the way we started it. With a 5 game winning streak !!!

Yes we won in OT last game, but Tannehill had just as good of game as Watson did, Henry ran wild, we didn't have Corey Davis, they had Will Fuller, he's out this time.
Coming off an embarrassing loss to GB, division on the line, Titans will win.

Like its been said on here many times, if we can't win under these circumstances, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Tell me why you dislike him so much and why you think he is a terrible person. I don’t doubt you, I’m just feeling like you have inside info ..... spill it.
Haha believe me man if I had it I would, was mainly just wasted last night, had no recollection of this post whatsoever. He can still burn in hell, however.

Bulletin board material lol

Injury Report

On the Texans’ side of the ball, left tackle Laremy Tunsil is doubtful with an ankle injury. I wouldn’t expect this anemic pass rush to take advantage of that anyways.
Let’s be honest. The Texans haven’t won many games even with Watson at the helm, but him sitting on the bench would have been a welcome sight for Titans fans. There’s no doubt that Watson and his supporting cast are talented enough to put up points in bunches against this sorry excuse for a defense — Heck, the Titans needed overtime to pull out a 42-36 win over the same Texans earlier this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Injury Report

On the Texans’ side of the ball, left tackle Laremy Tunsil is doubtful with an ankle injury. I wouldn’t expect this anemic pass rush to take advantage of that anyways.
Let’s be honest. The Texans haven’t won many games even with Watson at the helm, but him sitting on the bench would have been a welcome sight for Titans fans. There’s no doubt that Watson and his supporting cast are talented enough to put up points in bunches against this sorry excuse for a defense — Heck, the Titans needed overtime to pull out a 42-36 win over the same Texans earlier this season.
Very accurate assessment of this pathetic defense honestly

Injury Report

they haven't cared for 16 weeks, I don't think one little blurb is going to make the difference in their effort or ability

Injury Report

Man, if our Defense hasn't gotten it by now, I doubt an entire board full of stuff like this will do anything.

I stated earlier that this game has all the "fixings" of a trap game ... Still like the life long Homer that I am , I believe that we'll win this game and end our season the way we started it. With a 5 game winning streak !!!

We could definitely lose this game, so we are in the same page there. But this is not a “trap game.” A win and you are in is never a trap game. It just doesn’t fit the definition.

We could definitely lose this game, so we are in the same page there. But this is not a “trap game.” A win and you are in is never a trap game. It just doesn’t fit the definition.
Correct, its a "must win game" if we "overlook" Houston, season is probably over (still a chance of playoffs with some help...we control our own destiny, end it with a win)
Since the last game ended in OT, can't claim to be the "stronger" opponent.

"A trap game is when a stronger opponent overlooks a weaker opponent and the weaker opponent overcomes adversity potentially winning the game. This especially happens when the stronger team is on their home turf with their fans behind their backs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back