Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is we just end up with a Downing clone because it's vrabels philosophy regardless of who is hired.
The philosophy can work with help from the passing game and decent play calling.

Downing calls for 3 guys to do 3 yard curls on 3rd and 8.

Someone with a little creativity to get guys open or won't pull Henry on 3rd and 1 and run it with the TE instead etc would help a lot.

If I were a WR, QB, TE, RB on the Titans I would be looking into some kind of reparations during the Todd Downing period as my body of work isn't represented fairly- I would argue that the players past metrics/stats need to all have asterisks beside them highlighting (Downing Time of Troubles)

Betting man in me has the Titans losing by at least 10 pts all....

The philosophy can work with help from the passing game and decent play calling.

Downing calls for 3 guys to do 3 yard curls on 3rd and 8.

Someone with a little creativity to get guys open or won't pull Henry on 3rd and 1 and run it with the TE instead etc would help a lot.
dobbs TD pass was 3 yards shy of EZ... I cant recall last time a Titan pass went INTO the EZ

not saying it has not but I cant recall last time

As confident as they may seem, I’ve heard a lot of Jags fans are nervous and still have some doubt creeping in, remembering all the way back to the 1999 season when the Titans beat the 14-2 Jags 3 times that year. It still haunts them to this day.

Living rent free in their minds is fun.

I know us losing would get us a better pick...considering the likelihood of us making any kind of run in the playoffs is slim to none, but I just can't pull for us to lose this game. I don't blame those that want the better pick for the long term future of this team...but man I'm hoping we can pull it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As confident as they may seem, I’ve heard a lot of Jags fans are nervous and still have some doubt creeping in, remembering all the way back to the 1999 season when the Titans beat the 14-2 Jags 3 times that year. It still haunts them to this day.

Living rent free in their minds is fun.
Just watched this video earlier today. The incredible part is watching the scrambles that McNair (and brunell) get away from the pass rush to either take off running or make a big throw. There was also TONS of turnovers in that game.

remember the tarpkitties had just ended the GOAT Marino's career 63-5 or something the prior week

Harris, Byrd, Robertson, Neal... man I loved those Titans

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched this video earlier today. The incredible part is watching the scrambles that McNair (and brunell) get away from the pass rush to either take off running or make a big throw. There was also TONS of turnovers in that game.

2 words "Pocket presence", and McNair had that quality. Tannehill lacks the quality. I've watched very little of Joshua Dobbs, but seems to have good pocket awareness going on.

remember the tarpkitties had just ended the GOAT Marion's career 63-5 or something the prior week

Harris, Byrd, Robertson, Neal... man I loved those Titans
In that video, I see Robertson pull up lame on the James Stewart TD run.

mostly not notable until you put together the 80 TD to Isaac Bruce in the SB where Robertson would be, had he been in the game. Can’t recall the backup’s name that took a bad angle and let him score.

2 words "Pocket presence", and McNair had that quality. Tannehill lacks the quality. I've watched very little of Joshua Dobbs, but seems to have good pocket awareness going on.
I think THill is fine but McNair was exceptional.
Some of the “jukes” were so subtle and he could definitely find the running lanes vice running but just going straight as far as you can go.
McNair also had a much better OL than THill.

In that video, I see Robertson pull up lame on the James Stewart TD run.

mostly not notable until you put together the 80 TD to Isaac Bruce in the SB where Robertson would be, had he been in the game. Can’t recall the backup’s name that took a bad angle and let him score.
robertson went motorcycle crashing week before Superbowl IIRC

Really enjoyed watching that video. Wasn't as ancient as I thought it would be.

That ball must've had some serious castro oil on it.

RIP Steve McNair and Josh Evans

I do NOT want to be swept by the Jags. Period. I don’t care that we probably get waxed in the first round of the playoffs. We would have NOT been swept by the Jags and kept them out of the playoffs. That’s worth more to me than 5 slots higher in the draft.

crazy Not Fun fact - the Home team have won every last game of season taprkitties have played since 2005... 17 years jags have lost last game on road or won last game at home... crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back