Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We nickeled and dimed in the OL this year. No one should be surprised the OL is bad again. I said we should have let Lewan walk and spend that money somewhere else. And Darryl Williams is still sitting at home waiting on somebody to call him. Should have let Lewan and Landry walk and beefed up the OL. And clearly should have paid AJ.

It seems like the D forgot how to tackle during the off-season too. It's been some piss poor tackling the past two games. Plus with all these soft tissue injuries he are having, they might need to start playing a couple drives in the preseason.

We nickeled and dimed in the OL this year. No one should be surprised the OL is bad again. I said we should have let Lewan walk and spend that money somewhere else. And Darryl Williams is still sitting at home waiting on somebody to call him. Should have let Lewan and Landry walk and beefed up the OL. And clearly should have paid AJ.
Carter has been the o-line coach for 5 years and for 5 years our o-line has been awful. If he hasnt been able to put together a decent o-line at this point, I dont care who you bring in, they will not play up to expectations.

Carter has been the o-line coach for 5 years and for 5 years our o-line has been awful. If he hasnt been able to put together a decent o-line at this point, I dont care who you bring in, they will not play up to expectations.

Our OLs haven't been trash. Particularly when we had Conklin, they were very good. Even the last couple of years they've at least been great at run blocking.

Darryl Williams and Jackrabbit might get the call this week. Plus any capable running back since the depth at that position has been hit with the injury bug bad

The OL is bad but Henry is clearly not the back he was. He goes down instantly with any contact. He used to run over people.

Issue is Henry was never a guy that would make something out of nothing when the LOS collapses even when he was the best running back in the league. He was dangerous once he got past the LOS and started accelerating. He’s extremely fast but not shifty at all. He’s pretty much useless if there are 3 guys already in the backfield as soon as he touches the ball.

It was always going to take 3-4 games to get going with no preseason. That said, it looks like a piece of wet sushi laying in a pile of dust on the floor.

Henry can't run if he gets hit in the backfield because of missed assignments. And so none of that was his fault.

But this is the future. We don't have big strike weapons outside of Henry. And in an era of big offense, we don't have it. It's not sustainable. So while I am willing to give them time to shake the rust off, and sneak into the playoffs, this was a vision of what happens when we get there.... AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back