Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we’ve got a 5 game slate where we could get this thing turned around as long as the staff makes some serious changes and make them quick. Raiders, Colts twice, Redskins, Texans.

There is no reason we should be playing this bad. Other than losing AJ, this team shouldn’t take this big of a step backwards. AJs always hurt every year. Last year he was out for what, 6 games.

The defense is pretty much the same as last years. And we were playing no name backups with historical injuries and still won games against good teams. We can right this ship. The big question is will we?

Forum is dead jeff, over ran with fans that know better than pros. Yes our oline sucks, yes our dbs suck and yes the play calling sucks. But yall gotta me kidding with all this nonsense. Henry is cooked? Tanny is bottom half? Our wrs suck? Cmon, did you watch the game? We played against the best team in the league and we have wooped them the past few games we've played. They were going all out and we weren't. I think titansareprettygood.com is a good name to switch to, lol and get all these over reacting fools outta here. We had a good place to talk years ago, but all those cats are gone and now I'm gone too. Good bye gotitans.com. been a good 10-15 years, but bye bye bye
So basically if you’re not a “pro” you shouldn’t state your opinion? What the hell would the point of a forum be then? Everyone lie to one another and pretend how great we are?

Forum is dead jeff, over ran with fans that know better than pros. Yes our oline sucks, yes our dbs suck and yes the play calling sucks. But yall gotta me kidding with all this nonsense. Henry is cooked? Tanny is bottom half? Our wrs suck? Cmon, did you watch the game? We played against the best team in the league and we have wooped them the past few games we've played. They were going all out and we weren't. I think titansareprettygood.com is a good name to switch to, lol and get all these over reacting fools outta here. We had a good place to talk years ago, but all those cats are gone and now I'm gone too. Good bye gotitans.com. been a good 10-15 years, but bye bye bye
Who the Fook is this guy

That list would be even longer if you include all of the failures of the Oilers, especially in the early 90's. Want to talk about shooting yourself in the foot, just watch those teams (I did).
Never actually got #1 seed as the oilers.

Did blow some great opportunities there too.

How can he continue to take the “it’s never about one person” stance on Downing???? It only takes one person to screw everything up. Especially the person in charge of the entire offense. If that were the case, it wouldn’t matter who your coordinators were. And we all know a good/bad coordinator can change everything.

Because Downing is running the offense that Vrabel wants him to run.

Downing is just the worst playcaller of the three OC's under Vrabel who has implemented the offense. Add to that a massive decline in talent on the OL, and a decline in talent in other offensive skill positions, welcome to the current offense.

Because Downing is running the offense that Vrabel wants him to run.

Downing is just the worst playcaller of the three OC's under Vrabel who has implemented the offense.
I don’t buy that. Vrabel likes winning too much to be satisfied with this. He just doesn’t want to admit he made a mistake with the hire and that’s what he would be doing if he fired him. He’s an arrogant coach. Anyone can see that.

The OL is bad but Henry is clearly not the back he was. He goes down instantly with any contact. He used to run over people.
EG needs to get his ear again. I’m sure there’s still some tentativeness regarding his foot.
He should have had 100 last week but a couple good runs called back, even so, 82 pretty solid.

Today, not good all around, but 13 for 25 with 3 runs at -12 yards does throw it a little out of whack, plays not able to run most of second half.

I actually think he needs more time, not necessarily more carries. 2nd game, I think he’ll still put it together before season’s end.

I'm not sure I ever recovered from the 92 and 93 seasons to be honest.
I think my first true heartbreak was after they dropped to 2-14. I started watching the oilers late 80’s really only seeing a competitive team capable of winning it. At 2-14, it was like, WTH do I do now? Will this team ever be good again?

Too many years later and zero Lombardi’s, I wonder why I love punishment so much.

This will be my last post here. No, you’re allowed to have your own opinion, but you and others on here act like yall are the end all be all. You didn't see it all and aren't evaluating it all, this is all knee jerk reacting. Stop acting like a joe Biden supporter and actually dig into the situation. This is a forum where we used to try to solve problems, not just *****. When you address a problem, give a solution to that problem (that will help you a ton in life brother). Don't just *****.
Lol I highly doubt any problems with the Titans were ever solved on this forum. This is literally a place to celebrate good times and vent together during the bad times. That’s literally the entire point of it. It’s not a team meeting at St Thomas Sports Park. And I have given a solution for the past year, FIRE TODD DOWNING! I get proven right more and more each week. Zero points in 4 of the last 5 quarters. I would say I’m on to something.

Last year was the year for the Titans to make it to the SB, and was major blown. The Titans will be moving on from Tannehill.

Question is... will we see the thread talking about the draft, some time this week? If yes, my 2nd prediction will have come true.

I think my first true heartbreak was after they dropped to 2-14. I started watching the oilers late 80’s really only seeing a competitive team capable of winning it. At 2-14, it was like, WTH do I do now? Will this team ever be good again?

Too many years later and zero Lombardi’s, I wonder why I love punishment so much.

I'm sure we have folks here that have been watching NFL longer than I have, but for me I've been watching since 1978. Was originally a Bengals fan living in Michigan at the time :)

For a small market team, the Titans "over-all" perform well and are competitive. So, I'm just happy we have a team in Nashville.

I don’t buy that. Vrabel likes winning too much to be satisfied with this. He just doesn’t want to admit he made a mistake with the hire and that’s what he would be doing if he fired him. He’s an arrogant coach. Anyone can see that.

Run first philosophy has been the heart of this offense since Vrabel got here, and neither he nor Robinson have shown any willingness to adapt that offense in any meaningful manner even considering the back to back first game playoff exists (with two different OC's). Robinson's draft history has shown a prelection for seeking players better suited to aiding in the run game (even AJ's value as a run blocker was highly prized). You think after two straight one and dones the offense would adapt somewhat, but that's not what has happened. The first down run percentage was also too skewed towards running under LaFluer and Smith.

Just read old posts about LaFluer and Arthur Smith. They include the same complaining about the offense being too conservative and some of the untimely and stupid trick plays.

The difference between now and then is the quality of the personnel on offense (with Smith getting the best group of offensive skill players in 2019 & 2020) and the use of formations and scheme. Downing has worse talent to work with and he is the worst at employing his personnel schematically (i.e. his employment of the personnel in 12/13 personnel and tendencies are far too predictable). Having Henry in the backfield can be a great weapon (the ability he has shown in the past at generating explosive plays) or huge hinderance to the offense when he doesn't generate those long runs. The Titans just aren't built anymore to overcome 2nd and 3rd and long as they have done in years past, and Henry's workload and injury have apparently zapped his ability to generate as many explosive plays as this offense relied upon. Even last year, Henry's statistics was a product of his ridiculous workload, rather than generating explosive plays. Add to all of this the crappy player caller that is Downing, and this is what you see.

Five years now the offense has focused on running the ball and being the physical team. Until Vrabel shits the focus of the offense away from running the ball through a running back who is normally on the field for two downs, especially shifting the focus off running the ball at such a high % on first down, the offense will continue to sputter.

Downing is a huge problem no doubt, but this is Vrabel's offense and he needs to adapt as well. He's not blameless. Firing downing doesnt change the philosophy. Vrabel has to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back