Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. so you say Vrabel is lying. Gotcha.

Please post all that BUZZ you keep talking about.

Just thought I'd drop this here:
Hot Topics From Titans HC Mike Vrabel's Monday Presser
A few quotes from Monday's presser:

"Vrabel made it clear there is no issue with receiver Julio Jones regarding his attitude, or effort.... (snip) "This is not an issue with his performance," Vrabel said of Jones."

Later, Vrabel hit on this topic again while saying the health and safety of his players is paramount. "I can't be more adamant that Julio's performance and what we've asked him to do – he's done what we've asked him to do," Vrabel said. "He has played with great effort."

It wasn't load management. Term isn't even used in the NFL. And if it was, that would have been predetermined before the game. You would have seen it in all three games. Load management is predetermined by the medical staff. And there's no way you pull him in a 14-13 divisional game in the 4th. That'd be a first ever. If we has injured, or under load management, he has to be listed either before the game, or if injured during the game, they have to tell the NFL he is questionable to return. Neither happened. Right? Did we break the NFL rules, or did he get pulled because he wasn't doing his job. The evidence all leans one way. And that is why the NFL talking heads are buzzing about what is going on.
Can you post the rule regarding mandatory injury updates during games?
That sounds made up.

It is 100% made up about announcing any kind of load management. Like you said in this same post, NFL doesn’t even use the term.

Just thought I'd drop this here:
Hot Topics From Titans HC Mike Vrabel's Monday Presser
A few quotes from Monday's presser:

"Vrabel made it clear there is no issue with receiver Julio Jones regarding his attitude, or effort.... (snip) "This is not an issue with his performance," Vrabel said of Jones."

Later, Vrabel hit on this topic again while saying the health and safety of his players is paramount. "I can't be more adamant that Julio's performance and what we've asked him to do – he's done what we've asked him to do," Vrabel said. "He has played with great effort."

PhiSlamma, what do you say to this? Not sure why you are so committed to your narrative at this point.

Can you post the rule regarding mandatory injury updates during games?
That sounds made up.

It is 100% made up about announcing any kind of load management. Like you said in this same post, NFL doesn’t even use the term.

That's the rule. If you will be limited in play, you have to report it.

"Club personnel are responsible for reporting in-game injury information factually and accurately as soon as possible for the benefit of the network television audience and the other media covering our games. To ensure fans in the stadium have access to the same information, these injury updates must also be posted on the stadium video boards, scoreboards or ribbon boards. The in-game injury updates must be disseminated simultaneously to all parties – the network television broadcaster, the media in the press box and the fans in the stadium. In-game injury announcements to the media must be specific to a body part, accurate, and updated as warranted, including any changes to the player’s status for the remainder of the game if his status changes after the initial report."

If you want more about pre-game week reports about limited play, read on.

nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
PhiSlamma, what do you say to this? Not sure why you are so committed to your narrative at this point.

The Press wanted to know the answer because they didn't believe him the first time. So the press was going crazy. Then he leaves the presser and slams the door. Vrabel is tired of dealing with his performance. If he outs Jones again, he will lose him for the rest of the season. It's management 101. The problem is Vrabel's cover story doesn't add up. Coaches can never tell it like it is because he has to protect them first. That's why Belichek mumbles. So you have to look at what he is required to do to get the real story, which is report any kind of limited play before or during the game, which he did not do.

Honestly, I don't care either way, the end game is we need Jones. So do whatever it takes to keep him happy. But when a story doesn't add up, it's important to me and a lot of people, to question it. We just don't take someone's word even if he's coach. I put his words into the equation, but it's no end all because part of his job is to protect the team and players at all cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Club personnel are responsible for reporting in-game injury information factually and accurately as soon as possible for the benefit of the network television audience and the other media covering our games. To ensure fans in the stadium have access to the same information, these injury updates must also be posted on the stadium video boards, scoreboards or ribbon boards. The in-game injury updates must be disseminated simultaneously to all parties – the network television broadcaster, the media in the press box and the fans in the stadium. In-game injury announcements to the media must be specific to a body part, accurate, and updated as warranted, including any changes to the player’s status for the remainder of the game if his status changes after the initial report."

That’s fair but still gives a couple outs.
“Factually accurate, and as soon as possible.”

did a medical staff ever look at Jones?
If he had an injury that he was willing to play through and the coach was good with it, wouldn’t that at least keep him in a “probable” status? I’m thinking the intent of this rule is for those getting removed from the game for injury purposes but makes sense they’d have to report the possibility of not returning (I.e. questionable).

if Jones could have returnees at any point but there was some sort of injury, not verified by medical staff, it seems like just a coaches decision and nothing to report.
This doesn’t automatically mean Jones was pulled for complaining or effort.

That’s fair but still gives a couple outs.
“Factually accurate, and as soon as possible.”

did a medical staff ever look at Jones?
If he had an injury that he was willing to play through and the coach was good with it, wouldn’t that at least keep him in a “probable” status? I’m thinking the intent of this rule is for those getting removed from the game for injury purposes but makes sense they’d have to report the possibility of not returning (I.e. questionable).

if Jones could have returnees at any point but there was some sort of injury, not verified by medical staff, it seems like just a coaches decision and nothing to report.
This doesn’t automatically mean Jones was pulled for complaining or effort.
teams ROUTINELY do not give any injury updates during the game... reporters report what they see ... but totally normal for teams to say nothing during a game cause you know... THEY ARE PLAYING A GAME

there will be time after

never ONCE, and I have attended over 200 NFL games, seen an injury update on any video board - LOL

your link is silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back