Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Rocky IV? After this game is over, I have a feeling we are going to feel like Apollo Creed felt after fighting Ivan Drago.

It's not Seattle in general that worries me, it's if the pathetic display we put out there vs Arizona shows up again

Vrabel calling out Julio hopefully pissed everyone off and they play like the talent we have on the roster.

Like someone mentioned, it was week 1, early in the game, was it necessary?

It's not Seattle in general that worries me, it's if the pathetic display we put out there vs Arizona shows up again

Vrabel calling out Julio hopefully pissed everyone off and they play like the talent we have on the roster.

Like someone mentioned, it was week 1, early in the game, was it necessary?

I hope and think this was a HUGE wake up call. I think Vrabel calling out Julio was on purpose and meant to show the team no one gets a pass. Julio hasn’t said anything so I imagine he and Vrabel are ok. Henry was pissed on the sidelines, there is video out there of it. I think it was strategery.

View attachment 18672

Our use of play action on early downs went from 59% in 2020 to 5% in week 1 of 2021. I know it's difficult to use it when we're down but the first 3 drives began with 1st and 10 runs that were stuffed, and even when Henry got into a bit of a rhythm mid-game, we still didn't use it.

A team that lived off of the PA hired an OC who hates PA. Genius.

Starting the first three drives with obvious runs created a snowball effect. When those runs went for nothing (or losses), Arizona defenders could easily ignore the run fake and just go after Tannenhill.

That's what happened on the rollout. Jones probably knew off the snap that Tannenhill was keeping the ball and just went after him. Once the Titans went down 17-0, running playaction was a nonstarter with the lack of pass protection the OL was providing.

This is why the teams needs to seriously start mixing up the playcalling on first down. NFL teams are adapting and realizing the Titans will run at nearly a 60% clip on that down. If they stop Henry, Tannenhill is going to get killed on the obvious passing downs.

I hope and think this was a HUGE wake up call. I think Vrabel calling out Julio was on purpose and meant to show the team no one gets a pass. Julio hasn’t said anything so I imagine he and Vrabel are ok. Henry was pissed on the sidelines, there is video out there of it. I think it was strategery.
Hope so too...Henry plays better when he's pissed, so I feel bad for Seattle...I hope

This team needs a wake up call...too much talent to look that bad...I don't buy the short preseason bs...all teams faced that

We all know the offense runs through Henry. Those negative yardage runs puts the OC in a bad spot because 2nd down is now an obvious passing down and play action isn't as effective.
View attachment 18672

Our use of play action on early downs went from 59% in 2020 to 5% in week 1 of 2021. I know it's difficult to use it when we're down but the first 3 drives began with 1st and 10 runs that were stuffed, and even when Henry got into a bit of a rhythm mid-game, we still didn't use it.

A team that lived off of the PA hired an OC who hates PA. Genius.

I still think it is too early to say whether he hates PA. Our negative yardage runs pretty much took the effectiveness of play action off the table.

I do not believe that just because you get behind by 17 points you should take Henry out of the game plan because he is a threat to score quickly from anywhere on the field.

Every OC is gonna look like crap when his OL plays as poorly as ours did.

The spread on this game is around 5-6 points. Yet, as of this post 62% of the board predicts a loss of 10 or more (which I understand)

I expect the Titans to win a squeeker based on nothing more than that what they tend to do. Again no logic involved just an ugly unexpected win.

ps. There will be one long play-action td just to keep some people here happy.

So many hating on Jackrabbit cause last week DHop had 6 catches for 83 yards.
Last year DHop averaged 7.1 catches for 88.1 yards. That’s just DHop.

So many hating on Jackrabbit cause last week DHop had 6 catches for 83 yards.
Last year DHop averaged 7.1 catches for 88.1 yards. That’s just DHop.

and not all of his receptions were against Jackrabbit....Murray's ability to keep plays alive and be productive off script and Chandler Jones are the guys who killed us

The Seahawks D-Line dominated the colts O-Line, after seeing how our O-Line "played" the Seahawks should be licking their chops. Probably going to break the sack record in this game.

I'm basing this more on the coaching staff than the players. No adjustments were even attempted during the game , that kind of thinking can bleed to the next week.

Week 9 last season..Saints spanked Brady and the Bucs.

Saints spanked Rodgers in Week 1 this year...

One game won't define us

I think we bounce back. Too talented and hopefully enough pissed off not to

Hooker going down sucks. I now have 3 players on IR on fantasy after week one. Oh and fuck our offensive line. They should be embarrassed. So should Julio. Glad vrabel called him out. Wilson will make our pass rush look bad like Murray did. It's actually pretty good from what I saw. Murray is just that elusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back