Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can respect that except JRob hasn’t won a super bowl and he’s ranked above some who have. Plus that was 2019-20 season. I think he’d get roasted for last years FA moves and draft.

Hey, the guy swung for the fences on the FA moves last season, and pretty much everyone here was excited about it. We needed pass rushers, he signed two big name pass rushers.

They didn't work out. It happens. You don't get a hit every time you step to the plate.

But I much prefer this to previous gms whom just sat on their hands every free agency period and then drafted pretty much nothing but duds.

Jrob aggressively tries to make our team better. Some moves pay off, some don't. That's the biz.

I’ll pass. Not interested in playing that game.
Nice cop out. I won't hold it against you. Now can we please stop making every thread a "JRob isn't great debate"? We get your stance and I don't think anyone is arguing with you.

Might as well bring back the old VY threads.

That’s fair. I comment when it’s obvious he’s made a bad move and some JRob knob slobber comes along to rationalize all great GMs make a bad move. Honestly, that’s the only time I’m compelled to interject some comment to balance the dialogue.

and to be fair, you’ll find numerous posts by me when I think he’s he’s made a really good move.

Yes but then you say things like he’s only gotten this team from 2-14 to AFCCG because of luck (broken clock).

I think most people are genuinely fair on here about JRob. There are definitely some who see no evil but there are some who see no good either.

I just think when compared to the rest of the league he stacks up pretty damn well. That doesn’t mean I think everything he touches is gold because that’s far from true.

Remember he is the one who axed Mularkey despite us winning a playoff game that year. He brought in Vrabel and has drastically turned our culture around. When’s the last time we as titans fans have had to complain about other teams outbidding us for our own players? Haynesworth is legitimately the only one I can think of.

I think one of the best sign of a someone being great is when they can admit they were wrong. He quickly moves on from his mistakes. That’s all we can ask. When you mess up move on and move forward. We spent way too many years trying to wait and see on guys and it got us nowhere.

With what money? If somehow this does happen, then it would probably have to be a multi-year deal to push back the cap hit AND someone like Saffold or Jones would have to be cut. Maybe restructure Byard and Lewan? Both have underperformed their contracts.

I'd rather keep the o-line intact than have Clowney.

No more starters are backups are being cut and the money can be found. Explanations on how have been written in here for weeks. The Oline will be fine.

The giants organization hasn't been good in years. This was a dumb move. As short as the contract is, I still don't see him finishing it there.

I was on board until Howie Roseman at 7. That guy is a joke.
It's all just opinions...I don't know enough about other GMs and like I've said JRob has done a good job thus far. He's made mistakes as well as he's hit on a few things

Looking forward to seeing what the additions this year bring

It's all just opinions...I don't know enough about other GMs and like I've said JRob has done a good job thus far. He's made mistakes as well as he's hit on a few things

Looking forward to seeing what the additions this year bring
Hopefully great things! I’m cool with it so far

Hopefully great things! I’m cool with it so far
So am I, I would like to add another CB...Jenkins was a nice addition, but we lost 2 starting CBs, unless they feel Fulton is ready?
I'd like us to look at Steven Nelson, just released by Steelers

I can see us addressing CB in the draft though too, along with WR

because pulling a team out of 2-14 isn’t easy.
Not really that hard. Parity is designed to keep talent equally distributed. Has to do with locker room, coaching and an owner who desires to spend for a winner.

we are one of the few remaining franchises that hasn’t won a super bowl.

Not really that hard. Parity is designed to keep talent equally distributed. Has to do with locker room, coaching and an owner who desires to spend for a winner.

That’s why I brought up examples of numerous teams who have been bad for long periods of time. If your statement were true that wouldn’t be the case. It’s not easy to go from 2-14 to winning a playoff game in 2 years.

12 teams haven’t won a Super Bowl. That’s quite a bit more than a few. Thats damn near 1/2 of the league.

As an example and to help you out with future sides of the word. The list of teams that have NEVER been to a Super Bowl would be considered a few... it’s 4. Texans, Lions, Jags and Browns.

It isn't just parity amongst player talent, but also the advantage that the last place team gets in its schedule. Jags play Broncos, Bengals....Titans get Chiefs, Steelers

There's a history of NFL teams vaulting from worst-to-first in a single NFL season

There have been 26 seasons in the NFL’s salary-cap era. In 22 of them, a team resurrected from a last-place finish the previous season to a playoff berth the next. History will again be an ally of the eight last-place finishers in 2019.

This isn’t just finishing last in your division. This is going from first overall pick to winning a playoff game.

Titans went from first overall pick to never had a losing season under JRob.

But yet the Jags haven’t been good outside of one season...

I'm with you that the GM and front office play a major role in the long term quality of your franchise.....I was just adding that as another reason it isn't that crazy to go from worst team in a division to making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back