Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard decisions are gonna have to be made and soon. The AFC South isn't gonna be terrible forever. The Jags already have a pretty great RB and Trevor Lawrence seems to be developing pretty well.
The Jags gonna be bad for a while, and they know it, they dealt Robinson to the Jets. I don't think that Houston or Indy are much better off. Tannehill can do the job as long as the Defense and Henry are around, we just need an OC.

A WR or OL or two would help too :brow:

We're getting nowhere with Tanne. What about his playoffs performances suggest we're remotely likely to make it to a SB? Much less win one.
A couple of plays here and there in the playoffs is the difference between a playoff loss and a run to the Superbowl. Tannehill has given the Titans a chance every year he's been here.

Sure, he's had some bad games in the playoffs...but so has Manning, Brady, Mahomes, (insert your favorite QB) etc etc. That's part of it. Gotta keep getting there and hope to make a run. That's how it works for every team.

With Willis, it's a complete reset and pray that he somehow miraculously becomes an NFL QB when he looks like he couldn't make it on the local peewee flag football squad. Same with a rookie QB.

What the Titans need most right now is a competent OC. Even with the lack of big name talent on offense it shouldn't be THIS bad.

A couple of plays here and there in the playoffs is the difference between a playoff loss and a run to the Superbowl. Tannehill has given the Titans a chance every year he's been here.

Sure, he's had some bad games in the playoffs...but so has Manning, Brady, Mahomes, (insert your favorite QB) etc etc. That's part of it. Gotta keep getting there and hope to make a run. That's how it works for every team.

With Willis, it's a complete reset and pray that he somehow miraculously becomes an NFL QB when he looks like he couldn't make it on the local peewee flag football squad. Same with a rookie QB.

What the Titans need most right now is a competent OC. Even with the lack of big name talent on offense it shouldn't be THIS bad.

I agree but it very premature to judge a rookie. We’d be foolish not to see if he can develop. But we need a decent OC who can help and not hinder talent development.

Guy: I just got into an argument with my wife because I said, “I don’t like these socks.” That has to be the dumbest reason for an argument ever!

Thaddeus43: Hold my beer.
your poor taste in socks is worth talking about - we have been silent for too long

6eedba74e0f465c77437af04a382d654.jpg

I agree but it very premature to judge a rookie. We’d be foolish not to see if he can develop. But we need a decent OC who can help and not hinder talent development.
he gets next TC without a doubt but unless I see some improvement ( and that OT 'drive' was the last I saw) there 100% needs to be another QB thrown into the mix... zero reason to go into 23 hobbled by MW7

he gets next TC without a doubt but unless I see some improvement ( and that OT 'drive' was the last I saw) there 100% needs to be another QB thrown into the mix... zero reason to go into 23 hobbled by MW7
I agree. He looks good scripted but friggin blows a gasket under pressure like in OT.

MW going thru Titan TC next year for sure... will have spring OTAs as well... he totally owns his own development... well MW & this clown

1200877662.0.jpg

The Jags gonna be bad for a while, and they know it, they dealt Robinson to the Jets. I don't think that Houston or Indy are much better off. Tannehill can do the job as long as the Defense and Henry are around, we just need an OC.

A WR or OL or two would help too :brow:
I'm not disagreeing with you but the Robinson deal has nothing to do with their long term outlook. Etienne has been a beast, Robinson has no use left.

If Willis came in without the hype and the notion that he has "talent", not a single person would be defending him. The ONLY reason he's on an NFL roster right now is he was picked in the 3rd round and the Titans had a horrible back up QB situation.

I'd love to be wrong but he's really really bad and it would take a miracle for him to be a good QB in the amount of time he'll likely get in the NFL.

Robinson's just the most recent casualty, but he was definitely worth a roster spot. They're in full rebuild.
Agree to disagree I guess. While Lawrence is still on his rookie contract it's not full rebuild hence their spending spree this past offseason. They may be putting this season away for hopes of a better pick but I don't think it's a full rebuild. Regardless they're not legitimate threats any time soon by the looks of it. Although they have played better than their record shows.

Willis is sushi raw, but not without talent. He was not ready to be the number 2 guy, much less have to actually start games year 1. He does have physical tools and may develop over time. It is an overreaction to both totally dismiss him yet or to anoint him the next great QB.
The bigger problem is that even if everyone pretends he does in fact have the talent it just needs harnessed, there is no way I’m going to believe Tennessee is the team to do that.

Hard decisions are gonna have to be made and soon. The AFC South isn't gonna be terrible forever. The Jags already have a pretty great RB and Trevor Lawrence seems to be developing pretty well.
I keep hearing this but have no proof to show it.
I’ll argue the exact opposite, Jax is ruining Lawrence, not developing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back