Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger problem is that even if everyone pretends he does in fact have the talent it just needs harnessed, there is no way I’m going to believe Tennessee is the team to do that.
Our current OC is clearly not someone we should trust to develop a cold much less a super raw rookie.

I think too many people are confusing inexperienced and raw with bad. To me, bad means you can’t do it regardless of how much experience you have, but the raw guys like Willis, have to be cultivated first. If we had thrown McNair in his first season, the results would probably be similar to Willis’s. The learning curve is steep and history is against him, but a bit too early to toss him. He may turn out to be a great gadget guy if nothing else. Only time will tell.

I think too many people are confusing inexperienced and raw with bad. To me, bad means you can’t do it regardless of how much experience you have, but the raw guys like Willis, have to be cultivated first. If we had thrown McNair in his first season, the results would probably be similar to Willis’s. The learning curve is steep and history is against him, but a bit too early to toss him. He may turn out to be a great gadget guy if nothing else. Only time will tell.
Finally some sanity. He has the tools, he's just raw as fuck and in a terrible situation. He could at least be taysom hillish

The Jags gonna be bad for a while, and they know it, they dealt Robinson to the Jets. I don't think that Houston or Indy are much better off. Tannehill can do the job as long as the Defense and Henry are around, we just need an OC.

A WR or OL or two would help too :brow:

Robinson isn't what he used to be since the injury. Etienne is the far better back.

And you're missing the point. We can't keep counting on the ineptitude of the rest of the AFC South.

A couple of plays here and there in the playoffs is the difference between a playoff loss and a run to the Superbowl. Tannehill has given the Titans a chance every year he's been here.

Sure, he's had some bad games in the playoffs...but so has Manning, Brady, Mahomes, (insert your favorite QB) etc etc. That's part of it. Gotta keep getting there and hope to make a run. That's how it works for every team.

With Willis, it's a complete reset and pray that he somehow miraculously becomes an NFL QB when he looks like he couldn't make it on the local peewee flag football squad. Same with a rookie QB.

What the Titans need most right now is a competent OC. Even with the lack of big name talent on offense it shouldn't be THIS bad.

Manning/Brady/etc were/are amazing QBs in the regular season. You can choke in the playoffs periodically if you're routinely one of the best QBs in the league.

Tanne is a mediocre QB at this stage in his career.

what about willis performance suggest were remotely likely to win next week?

Nothing. I'm not saying we need to start Willis the rest of the year. We clearly won't win many more games. He isn't ready. But that wasn't the argument. The original poster mentioned giving Willis the starting gig next year.

Willis may never amount to anything at all. But we're getting nowhere with Tanne at QB1, so that's why I'm willing to give Willis a shot next year. If he fails, then so be it. We'll have a top 10 draft pick in a QB draft class that should be very deep.

I keep hearing this but have no proof to show it.
I’ll argue the exact opposite, Jax is ruining Lawrence, not developing him.

I mean his stats are better across the board from last year. He's tossing TDs more frequently, turning it over less, more yards per attempt, higher completion percentage, etc.

I will say, you be hard pressed to be worse than Urban Meyer at developing players at the NFL level. And maybe his improvement is simply him not being coached by literally the worst NFL coach ever. But there's no denying his performance this year has been night and day better than last year.

remember that time the Titans ran a gadget play for Willis... and he threw the rock on the ground ?

GoT remembers

Manning/Brady/etc were/are amazing QBs in the regular season. You can choke in the playoffs periodically if you're routinely one of the best QBs in the league.

Tanne is a mediocre QB at this stage in his career.

#1 seed last season without Henry for half the year...

Not all because of Tannehill, but he's capable of winning games and has proven that. Just doesn't make sense to reset when you're winning and getting to the play offs consistently. Unless you have an upgrade waiting, why go backwards instead of hoping to win those playoff games that they've been in every year with Tannehill?

#1 seed last season without Henry for half the year...

Not all because of Tannehill, but he's capable of winning games and has proven that. Just doesn't make sense to reset when you're winning and getting to the play offs consistently. Unless you have an upgrade waiting, why go backwards instead of hoping to win those playoff games that they've been in every year with Tannehill?

We had a dominant defense last year. Tanne was a game manager. And the one game where all we needed him to do was manage the game, he threw 3 picks and cost us the game.

Henry won't last forever and he's being wasted with a QB that isn't going anywhere. A new QB isn't guaranteed to get the job done either, but we know the current one ain't cutting it. Why delay the inevitable?

We had a dominant defense last year. Tanne was a game manager. And the one game where all we needed him to do was manage the game, he threw 3 picks and cost us the game.

Henry won't last forever and he's being wasted with a QB that isn't going anywhere. A new QB isn't guaranteed to get the job done either, but we know the current one ain't cutting it. Why delay the inevitable?
I’d delay if there isn’t a legit replacement available. Currently there is not. Willis is not, I don’t see any “can’t miss” draft prospects, that only leaves the FA market.
Who’s going to be available?

then factor what type of contract will work toward the cap since there are definitely other areas of need.
THill may be the “best” option still next year.

Because none of us want to return to having a losing record. I don't want to watch a team that tanks for draft picks. The Titans need an OC worse than they need a new QB.

because WINNING

if Losing different take

Going nowhere but to the playoffs every year.

Again, it doesn't make sense to reset. Sure, the window is closing... But a reset at QB almost guarantees wasting Henry's next few years plus most likely not even sniffing the playoffs.

I'd rather watch the Titans lose in the playoffs than win 3 games a season. Maybe that's just me. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back