Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously don’t actually watch the games. It’s ok to be complacent, until it’s not. If you want to win championships that is…If you want to get close but no cigar, like the Titans/Oilers have always done, stay satisfied with just being good enough to win each game. That eventually bites you though when everything doesn’t go according to plan, or you don’t have those few miracle plays you have to have.
It's the NFL... Every team/coordinator runs some form of the same stuff that's been around for ever.Who is the coordinator running some new stuff that the NFL has never seen?

It comes down to execution and a lot of time, luck.

There's only so many ways to run or throw a ball within the rules/game of football.

It's the NFL... Every team/coordinator runs some form of the same stuff that's been around for ever.Who is the coordinator running some new stuff that the NFL has never seen?

There's only so many ways to run or throw a ball within the rules/game of football.
Only thing I can think of is the Run n Shoot, (forever ago) and maybe the Wild Cat ( 3 games). Only other thing I can think of is the “bunch/pick” WR. Of course I’m a weee bit drunk, so …..

I don’t understand why you say this. All the heavy hitters we faced went down. Our beast of burden was out with a broken base of 5th, still, Titans did the job. This team is the team to beat! I believe it.
I say this because we barely beat one of the worst teams in the league to get the #1 seed. They nearly swept us. We also lost games we shouldn’t even when Henry played. You are a fool if you think this team can’t be easily beat in the playoffs.

By your logic coordinators aren’t important. Can just hire anyone. Not sure why teams would look to them primarily to be their head coaches if that’s the case…

By your logic coordinators aren’t important. Can just hire anyone. Not sure why teams would look to them primarily to be their head coaches if that’s the case…

I'd argue coordinators aren't as important as some seem to think. Players are the ones on the field. While football can be a "chess match" mentally, the players ultimately are responsible for the results on the field.

Coordinators get too much flack and too much credit. You can be great at calling plays, but if the players don't perform it doesn't mean a while lot. You can be terrible at calling plays but if the players perform and you win say 12 games and get the top seed in the playoffs, what's it matter?

I'd argue coordinators aren't as important as some seem to think. Players are the ones on the field. While football can be a "chess match" mentally, the players ultimately are responsible for the results on the field.

Coordinators get too much flack and too much credit. You can be great at calling plays, but if the players don't perform it doesn't mean a while lot. You can be terrible at calling plays but if the players perform and you win say 12 games and get the top seed in the playoffs, what's it matter?
I see what you did there...

downing clearly does NOT enter games prepared for that game otherwise the first series, or more, would not be 3 and out... and mostly of the run-run-pass-punt variety

I see what you did there...

downing clearly does NOT enter games prepared for that game otherwise the first series, or more, would not be 3 and out... and mostly of the run-run-pass-punt variety

Or maybe the players are at fault? Everyone knows the Titans are going to run the ball. It's not always sexy...but that's what they do. From injured players to the O-line to Tannehill not playing as well...there's plenty of blame on the field.

While Downing might not be reinventing the NFL playbook...players aren't executing what he's calling very well either.

Or maybe the players are at fault? Everyone knows the Titans are going to run the ball. It's not always sexy...but that's what they do. From injured players to the O-line to Tannehill not playing as well...there's plenty of blame on the field.

While Downing might not be reinventing the NFL playbook...players aren't executing what he's calling very well either.
Yup, hat on hat, hat with ball needs to beat his adversary on contact too.

OR open with a damn PA... F try it once just for shyts!

I think you can blame both play-calling and execution. It seemed so much better with Arthur Smith.

The Titans averaged 6.2 points scored in the first quarter in 2020. This season, it's 3.6.

I think you can blame both play-calling and execution. It seemed so much better with Arthur Smith.

The Titans avaraged 6.2 points scored in the first quarter in 2020.. This season, it's 3.6.

Yes. Art was way better at opening drives and those scripted plays

But is very odd to me that fans seem to forget we complained about Art’s play calling often. He would hit a lull more in the middle of the game than to start the game. He was no stranger to the run run pass formula.

One of Art’s biggest flaws was his inability to deviate from the gameplan. The playoff game against Baltimore was a perfect example. Spread the defense out and run out of shotgun, screens, 3 WR’s formations, etc. when you took away PA Art couldn’t adjust.

Downing does a better job and making those adjustments IMO than Art but for whatever reason Downing cannot script an opening drive to save his life. There will be pros and cons to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back